Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
Our Backend Engineers work in cross-functional squads on a variety of technical challenges. We solve challenges that include distributed compute grids, workflow engines, systems integrations, SDKs, and web applications that let our customers harness Machine Learning to drive their business processes.
At Hyperscience, squads own their own domains and drive their roadmaps with bottom-up autonomy and top-down alignment. We look for people who want to contribute their ideas to help us improve our technology organization. We also look for people who enjoy supporting their teammates with direct collaboration.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product, business, and people! You will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision to transform the way organizations execute their business processes.
We’re a remote-friendly company and we welcome candidates from all over the United States to apply for the role, but note that you must be able to work EST business hours to align better with our European colleagues.
As a Staff Backend Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers in Machine Learning, Front-End/Full Stack, DevOps, and QA
- Contribute across the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment, and operations
- Leverage your knowledge to define, build, and deliver scalable and resilient software with the Product team in the face of competing tradeoffs
- Design easy-to-use interfaces that will be utilized by other developers, including our APIs for 3rd-party developers
- Ensure product quality and code quality by writing automated tests and performing thorough code reviews and design reviews
- Serve as a technical expert and a mentor for junior and mid-level developers
- Integrate cutting edge ML models to solve real production use-cases
- Interact with Hyperscience customers to maximize the value of our product
- Minimum 7 years of experience solving backend software engineering challenges
- Expert in building enterprise-grade systems and scalable distributed systems
- Strong ability to reason about engineering approaches to a challenge
- Strong software design experience
- Comfortable learning and implementing new technologies
- Strong experience with Python
- Strong experience with relational database systems, including query optimization and performance tuning
- Track record of shipping high-quality code quickly
- Drives team optimization through mentorship and process improvements
- High level communication skills with a willingness to collaborate and ask questions early and often
- Must be able to obtain and maintain US Security Clearance for specific responsibilities related to this role. US Citizenship is a requirement for US Security Clearance
The target base compensation range for this role: $154,000 - $260,000. Actual compensation will be dependent upon the individuals skills, experience, qualifications, geographical location, and our business needs and objectives. Our overall compensation packages include base salary, equity and the benefits and perks listed below. Our Talent Acquisition team will speak more about our Total Rewards philosophy and approach during the hiring process.
- Top-notch healthcare for you and your family
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Flexible PTO with the approval of your manager
- 12 weeks of parental leave and an additional 4 weeks for birthing parents
- Stock options
- Wellness reimbursements for qualified expenses
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.