Aug 28, 2023 - Dayshape is hiring a remote Customer Success Manager (US). 📍Location: USA.
We’re an award-winning enterprise software scale-up with high ambitions for growth. Being recognized as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards three years in a row shows that we are on the right track!
Dayshape is an advanced resource management solution, incorporating AI and intelligent automation to help professional services firms optimize their workforce like never before. It’s built to handle large, complex, and ever-changing requirements with ease.
Our customers include accountancy firms from the Big Four and global top 10, and Dayshape is used in more than 15 countries across four continents. Our target customers are global firms, international networks, and large national or regional organizations, if they’re big enough to have the challenges that Dayshape can solve.
As a company, we live our values every day and we're committed to making sure our friendly and inclusive environment grows with us.
About the role
We are incredibly proud that over 6+ years we have not experienced customer churn; working as our customers strategic partners and trusted advisors to ensure they’re getting maximum ROI from Dayshape is crucial to maintaining that achievement.
This role is specifically focused on supporting our existing US based customers and is very much part of building for success in the future as we implement our expansion plans and win new logos. We are very product focused and don’t always follow traditional CS methods. We sell a single, premium product and as such don’t have the pressure to cross sell and upsell. Instead, our focus is on user adoption and driving value via feature usage and optimisation. Our CSM’s each have a small number of accounts and have the time and space to really get to know our customers and their business processes.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the customer’s organization, including strategic goals/initiatives, key stakeholders, and how Dayshape ties into all of this.
- Manage and host regular customer meetings and calls, meet customers in-person at various points throughout the year, in the US and possibly internationally.
- Create, maintain and distribute monthly status reports, health scores and other key metrics.
- Manage stakeholders throughout the customers organization, ranging from super users, product owners, resource managers, and C-suite (including CIO).
- Be an advocate for our customers needs and the voice of the customer within Dayshape.
- Support our customer product owners and other key stakeholders to expand usage and help them measure their ROI.
- Document how customers use Dayshape and proactively identify areas where training or additional support may be needed. Offer this to our customers before they know they need it!
- Arrange reference calls when requested to help sales prospects speak with existing customers.
- Be informed and (partly) involved when our Professional Services team is implementing Dayshape for a new customer, in readiness to own the customer relationship once deployed.
- Work with other Dayshape teams, such as Technical Authoring, to create documentation / guides / videos etc. when the need arises or you identify a gap.
- Provide demos and/or webinars to broad audiences to showcase new features and/or encourage adoption.
- Work closely with our Support team to understand each customers’ current support status and KPI performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Organize and facilitate shadow sessions and other knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Work alongside and support our Senior CSM:
- Provide a feedback loop to our Product department to help them better understand customer needs and shape the roadmap accordingly.
- Ensure our enhancement backlog is appropriately prioritized and representative of the needs of all our customers.
- Manage user numbers, process subscription renewals (annually), and run/manage/monitor other critical KPIs.
- Highly motivated by ensuring our customers are successful and get the most out of the product.
- Able to challenge customers’ thinking in order to help them achieve their goals, taking ownership and leading the conversation/situation when required.
- Comfortable working in a geographically distributed team. Happy to be the first US CSM as we scale our CS presence in the US.
- Self-sufficient and able to problem solve with a customer first mindset.
- Highly organized and able to manage lots of relationships, projects, actions, and many other moving parts concurrently (often with competing priorities).
- Can demonstrate in-depth understanding of how enterprise software is configured and used within large and/or complex organizations.
- Adept at forming long-term relationships with customers.
- A first-class communicator with excellent attention to detail.
- Accomplished presenter of technical and business solutions in an informative and relevant manner.
- Collaborative and able to engage stakeholders and “get the right people around the table” to investigate and tackle issues that may arise.
- Experienced and comfortable being involved in technical conversations, knowing when to involve others but unafraid to ask probing and exploratory questions to gather intel.
- Able to translate technical needs/payoffs into commercial benefits and vice versa.
- Genuinely interested and curious in business operations and how different organizations work.
- Understanding of how professional services firms operate (or ability to learn this quickly).
Bonus points if you have
- Worked with professional service firms previously
- Experience in accounting processes or accounting software
What you’ll get
- Salary $80,000 - $110,000 (depending on experience).
- Generous PTO allowance of 20 days plus public holidays on top.
- Comprehensive healthcare plan.
- At least $1,400 per year to spend on professional and personal development.
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Monthly team events (sometimes in-person, sometimes virtual).
- Innovation Week twice a year - a chance to experiment and work off-project.
- At least one trip per year to our Edinburgh HQ, in Scotland.
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week). This is a fully remote position in the US, with a preference for an East Coast or Central location. You will have the opportunity to visit our Scotland headquarters in Edinburgh at least once a year.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to play a key role in supporting our Senior CSM to build on the excellent foundations we’ve established and influence how we continue to grow and achieve our ambitions in North America as part of the overall growth strategy. We're doing well, and there's lots more to achieve in order to maintain the high bar and pace we've set.
Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 29th August 2023.