Aug 30, 2023 - Nillion is hiring a remote MPC Cryptography Engineer. 📍Location: UK.
Nillion is a web3 infrastructure project based on a novel cryptographic innovation called Nil Message Compute (see presentation at Cambridge University). The new technology enables Information-Theoretic Secure decentralized data storage and computation.
As reported by TechCrunch, Nillion raised $25 million at a $180 million valuation in the midst of the bear market of 2022 - the highest valuation for a Seed Round reported in Q4-2022. The project has attracted some of the top talent in tech, including the Founding Engineer of Uber (Conrad Whelan), Founder of Indiegogo (Slava Rubin), Associate General Counsel of Coinbase (Lindsay Danas Cohen), Co-Founder of Hedera Hashgraph (Andrew Masanto) and several other high profile team members. The project has also won several industry awards, including the CoinList Seed Program (see CoinList Tweet here) and Polygon Co-Founder’s Web3 Accelerator Program, Beacon.
Nillion is bringing to life fast, permissionless, decentralized secure storage and private computation that fundamentally improves the way that data is processed, analyzed and shared. The protocol is looking for talented engineers to join its team in building that vision.
As a Cryptography Engineer at Nillion, you will learn, research, design, and implement cryptographic protocols within the larger framework of distributed systems. You will be responsible for turning groundbreaking mathematical research into commercially viable and reliable products by analyzing, proposing, and validating innovative software solutions within a decentralized computing environment.
Nillion is a remote-first organization primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience or relevant academic experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, Go, or Rust
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of cryptographic systems
- PhD or MSc in cryptography, mathematics, computer science or relevant work experience
- Deep understanding and publications in secure multi-party computing (MPC)
- Publications or experience in the design and development of distributed cryptographic principles and protocols (e.g. FHE, ZKP)
- Publications or experience in the design and development of privacy-preserving machine learning such as federated learning, MPC-based learning, or ML with differential privacy
- Publications or experience using cryptographic proofs such as the universal composability framework
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of domain-specific languages and compilers
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of computational mathematics and algorithms
- Experience designing and developing projects in one or more of the existing Blockchain Technologies – Hyperledger Fabric, Solana, PolkaDot, or Ethereum
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team
- Competitive compensation package
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from world class systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! Nillion are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups
In summary, if you are interested in web3 infrastructure, innovation, new technology, and are interested in working with a high-caliber team, please apply. Nillion is committed to shaping a better world in all that they do. Their global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.
For more information on either the technology or company, there are several lectures at leading universities about the project such as Oxford University, Cambridge University, New York University, Columbia, and MIT. You can also visit Nillion’s early website at www.nillion.com.