Aug 31, 2023 - Reserv, Inc is hiring a remote Claims Adjuster. 📍Location: USA.
Reserv is an insurtech creating and incubating cutting-edge AI and automation technology to bring efficiency and simplicity to claims. Founded by insurtech veterans with deep experience in SaaS and digital claims, Reserv is venture-backed by Bain Capital and Altai Ventures and began operations in May 2022. We are focused on automating highly manual tasks to tackle long-standing problems in claims and set a new standard for TPAs, insurance technology providers, and adjusters alike.
We have ambitious (but attainable!) goals and need people who can work in an evolving environment. If building a leading TPA and the prospect of tackling the long-standing challenges of the claims role sounds exciting, we can’t wait to meet you.
Who you are
- Highly motivated and growth-oriented. You're excited by the prospect of building a tech-driven claims org.
- Passionate adjuster who cares about the customer and their experience.
- Empathetic. You exercise empathy and patience towards everyone you interact with.
- Sense of urgency - at all times. That does not mean working at all hours.
- Creative. You can find the right exit ramp (pun intended) for the resolution of the claim that is in the insured’s best interest.
- Conflict-enjoyer. Conflict does not have to be adversarial, but it HAS to be conversational.
- Curious. You have to want to know the whole story so you can make the right decisions early and action them to a prompt resolution.
- Anti-status quo. You don’t just wish things were done differently, you action on it.
- Communicative. (we'd love to know what this means to you)
- And did we mention, you have a sense of humor. Claims are hard enough as it is.
What we need
- Provide prompt, courteous and high-quality customer service to all policyholders and claimants by answering customer calls, filing claims, and resolving customer requests
- Gather necessary information from customers to initiate the claim and explain policy, coverage, and appropriate course of action
- Manage an inventory of claims, establish initial reserves for all potential exposures, and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim
- Coordinate the repair of damaged vehicles and assist with rental reimbursement
- Recognize recovery opportunities in regards to subrogation and salvage, as well as total loss
- Ensure compliance with specific state regulations, policy provisions, and standard operating procedures
- Communicate with involved parties and negotiate appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds, and attorneys within approved payment authority
- Provide input for continuous development of claims guidelines, best practices, and process improvements
- Oversee and direct outside investigative service providers and work closely with the client and client counsel and investigative services to resolve the claim
- Engage in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal lines claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes and modifications
- Bachelor's degree (lack of one should not stop you from applying if you possess all the other qualifications)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in claims, any line of business is acceptable, preference for:
- Have active adjuster license(s) and be willing to obtain all licenses within 45 days, including completing state required testing
- Knowledge of state regulations, policy provisions, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex data and make sound decisions based on established guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Curious and motivated by problem solving and questioning the status quo
- Desire to engage in learning opportunities and continuous professional development
- Willingness to travel for client and claims needs
- Generous health-insurance package with nationwide coverage, vision, & dental
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Competitive PTO policy – we want our employees fresh, healthy, happy, and energized!
- Generous family leave policy
- Work from anywhere to facilitate your work life balance paired with frequent, regular corporate retreats to build team cohesion, reinforce culture, and have fun
- Your choice of Windows or Apple laptop, large second monitor, and other quality-of-life equipment you may want. Technology is something that should make your life easier, not harder!
Additionally, we will
- Provide a manageable pending for you to deliver the service in a way you’ve always wanted and a dedicated account
- Listen to your feedback to enhance and improve upon the long-standing challenges of an adjuster
- Work toward reducing and eliminating all the administrative work from an adjuster role
- Foster a culture of empathy, transparency, and empowerment in a remote-first environment
At Reserv, we value diversity and believe that a variety of perspectives leads to innovation and success. We are actively seeking candidates who will bring unique perspectives and experiences to our team and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply. If you believe you are a good fit for this role, we would love to hear from you!