Sep 02, 2023 - Textkernel is hiring a remote Software Engineer (Python). 📍Location: Portugal.
Are you interested in working with applications that handle large amounts of data?
At Textkernel we develop Jobfeed, a labor market analytics tool that provides HR professionals and researchers with accurate, complete and up-to-date information on the labor market across the world. We continuously collect and analyze millions of job postings from hundreds of thousands of websites, turning raw data into structured data and making it available to our customers through API’s and applications.
We are looking for an ambitious Software Engineer interested in working on large-scale, high-performance processing and storage systems. If you have great engineering skills and want to have an impact on Jobfeed’s world expansion - continue reading!
What you will be doing
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for designing and implementing changes to the data capture and processing pipelines, which forms the foundation of the entire Jobfeed ecosystem.
We expect a strong sense of ownership from you, being able to independently work on technical tasks and producing software in line with best practices.
You will be operating in Scrum sprints, being part of an Agile team of 6-7 backend developers. You will also work together with other teams responsible for other aspects of Jobfeed.
What we expect from you
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 2+ years of experience working as a backend developer in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Python and/or Golang and good knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to produce elegant, efficient and robust code.
- Good communication and English language skills.
- You are located in Portugal, preferably in the Porto area (please share an English resume with us)
- Able to work remotely for most of the time but excited about the opportunity to visit our Porto based co-working space about 1-2 times each sprint
Experience with some of the following would make us even happier:
- Microservices architecture, docker and Kubernetes
- Data engineering
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra preferred) or Elasticsearch
- Data streaming systems (such as Kafka)
- Cloud-native development and the public cloud
Textkernel is widely regarded as the international leader in providing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Semantic Technology that empowers organizations to optimally understand, connect and analyze all their data around people and jobs. We enable thousands of recruitment & staffing agencies, employers, job boards, HR software vendors and outplacement & redeployment agencies worldwide to work smarter and more effectively by creating efficiencies in the HR and recruitment process. We provide our customers with SaaS software, technology, data and professional services.
Textkernel is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in Frankfurt, Paris and teams in the US and the UK. As a group we are currently around 200 strong with over 36 different nationalities in our team.
For this position it starts with an intake call with our Talent Partner. We will follow up with a role alignment interview with the hiring manager, and your team lead. Afterwards we'll have a technical round and finish up with a conversation between you, the team lead and our head of Engineering. In general our recruitment process takes about 3 weeks.
Because we like to speak to qualified candidates right from the start we don't work with end dates for our positions. We will close the vacancy as soon as we find the right fit.