Sep 03, 2023 - Nacelle is hiring a remote Vice President of Engineering. 📍Location: USA.
Who we are:
Nacelle is the future-forward commerce platform that transcends traditional boundaries with innovative headless and composable solutions. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world including Index Ventures, iNova and Tiger Global.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, hands-on Vice President of Engineering to join our leadership team at Nacelle. This is a fully remote role, but must be located within the United States of America. As the VP of Engineering, you will have a significant impact on our company's overall success, balancing go-to-market demands with speed and quality of output. This is a unique opportunity to work on innovative technologies such as big data, AI, microservices, Kafka, Postgres, Redis, Terraform, Cassandra, GraphQL, and more. You will also tackle distributed computing and microservice-based architecture problem, guiding our engineering team in the right direction. This is a fully remote position, specifically within the United States.
In this role you will:
- Hands-on management of feature squads, DevOps, QA, and engineering managers
- Establish and manage performance metrics and goals for the engineering department
- Collaborate closely with Product, Customer Success, and Go-to-Market teams
- Provide clear visibility of engineering operations to the leadership team and the board
- Report directly to the CEO and contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the executive level
We would love to hear from you if:
- Superb technical abilities and a proven track record as an engineer architect
- Venture-backed startup experience
- Ecommerce experience
- Familiarity with Big Data
- 6+ years of management experience in a fast paced engineering environment
- Strong leadership skills, with a track record of managing high-performing teams
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies; knowledge of the Shape Up framework is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with cloud technologies
- Strategic thinking and visionary leadership
- College degree required, graduating with honors is a plus
- Located within the United States, with prior remote work experience
We’d be really excited if you have:
- Experience solving complex distributed computing problems
- Familiarity with microservice-based architecture
- Proven ability to work hard to achieve exceptional results
- Willingness to collaborate and drive innovation
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
Nacelle is committed to paying fairly and competitively which is why we partner with a salary and equity database company to ensure we are aligned with market rates. To benchmark salaries, it’s based on the individual's level of experience and cost of living and we are able to use data from comparable venture-backed startups (over 3,000 across the US). The salary range for this role is $200,000-$260,000, actual salary will be determined by the candidate's experience level, and location.
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow.
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.