Sep 07, 2023 - AeroCloud Systems is hiring a remote VP of Sales. 📍Location: USA.
AeroCloud creates modular and scalable intelligent airport management software built on leading-edge technology. Our cloud-native platform uses predictive artificial intelligence and machine learning. Together with our common-use passenger processing and self-service solutions, we deliver an innovative answer to the complex operational challenges experienced by airports across the globe.
AeroCloud’s Intelligent Airport Management System (iAMS) and Flight Management System reduce manual inputs and centralise data, making it available to all members of airport stakeholder groups. Inspection, Lease and Asset Management systems support on-site logistical planning. In addition, Common-Use Passenger Processing and Self-Service solutions and our Mobile Bag Drop app help airports efficiently manage the ups and downs in daily passenger numbers. Additionally our award winning AeroCloud Optic allows airports to intelligently, accurately and anonymously track and count passengers in real time as they pass through the airport.
Our platform is 100% cloud-native, and users can access it anywhere, anytime, and on any device. We configure all modules within the Cloud and deliver remote updates quickly and easily; users can access AeroCloud’s software via a web interface, removing the need to access a local network. Airports can depend on our cloud-hosted platform’s security, fast processing speeds and scalability.
We are searching for a dynamic VP of Sales, responsible for driving sales and leading sales strategy end to end specifically for ARR growth of $5M to $10M ARR plus, reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer. Your responsibilities will span new business, cross sell and upsell opportunities, as well as bids and proposal opportunities on a global scale. This influential role can be based in the USA East coast or the UK, with the flexibility of hybrid working, and will involve exciting travel across the USA and Europe.
Summary of Role
At AeroCloud, we value business leaders who approach complex challenges with agility, creativity, process, and passion. As the VP of Sales, you will collaborate with the executive team to execute the Commercial and Corporate strategic plan and take ownership of the AeroCloud go-to-market strategy. There will be a big emphasis on building and implementing the sales qualification and forecasting process that will allow us to scale to $100M in revenue and beyond. This pivotal role is instrumental in achieving our strategic goals.
Ownership and Impact
- Ownership of the Commercial function, including sales, technical pre-sales, customer success and bids.
- Implementing and driving sales qualification and forecasting methodology across the company
- Building and scaling a high performing growing sales function, including a high performing commercial global leadership team, through strategic hiring, serving as a coach and leader, developing your team's skills and helping with career aspirations
- Working with the Head of Data Management on the Commercial financial figures, reporting and analysis, including performance and financial metrics
- Analysing commercial pipelines to produce accurate commercial forecasts
- Driving the Sales strategy to achieve and surpass targets
- Expand and evolve our current sales strategy to exceed revenue targets and grow our customer base
- Driving performance and growth across the Commercial function and the AeroCloud customer segments
- Working with the executive leadership team on developing short and long term goals and cascading data and plans to Head of Departments
- Driving a world class sales on-boarding and continuing skills development program for the sales and pre-sales teams.
- Building and driving a technical pre-sales team, working cross functionally with the Product and Customer Success teams in regular customer feedback loops, providing feedback on product feature development and enhancements
- Building and scaling a high performing sales function, including a high performing commercial global leadership team, through strategic hiring, serving as a coach and leader, developing your team's skills and helping with career aspirations
- Champion the AeroCloud values, making sure they are embedded in the Commercial function ways of working and ethos
- Represent AeroCloud across the industry at conferences, exhibitions, events and media
- Working closely with the wider executive team and CEO to oversee the research and planning of new market potentials. Ultimately taking ownership of a ‘go or no-go to market’ strategy
- Ownership for the overall Commercial commission structures
- Driving and creating partnerships within the AeroCloud ecosystem
- To participate where needed in winning and closing deals
The duties and responsibilities of the role may vary and change depending on the AeroCloud business needs.
What are we looking for?
As an ideal candidate, you are a sales leader with extensive management and leadership experience, known for building collaborative, high-achieving teams. You possess valuable experience in both public and private sector procurement processes, and this will undoubtedly be an asset in this role.
Your background includes managing complex deals with a medium to long sales cycle in a B2B saas environment and a record of delivery against ambitious growth sales targets on the journey to 10M +
With a track record in direct sales and managing multi-product propositions, combined with your exposure to account management functions, you are well-equipped to take AeroCloud's sales to unprecedented heights. You will have a strong penchant for and proven background in building and driving qualification and forecasting processes across global sales teams.
We expect you to demonstrate your expertise in building sales teams across multiple locations, emphasising your ability to effectively manage remote teams and possess outstanding communication skills to meet the needs of our diverse global customer base. Your hands-on approach and genuine passion for sealing deals are the driving forces that set you apart.
AeroCloud eagerly awaits the arrival of a dynamic and accomplished VP of Sales like you, who will play a pivotal role in shaping our thriving future.