- Are you an experienced Machine Learning Engineer looking for a new challenge?
- Do you value care management and quality improvement?
- Are you motivated, energetic, and excited to become part of the Acentra Health team?
If so, you might be our next new team member!
Who we need:
The Machine Learning Engineer will work at the intersection of data science and software engineering, building, deploying, and optimizing machine learning models and pipelines, with a strong emphasis on large language models, generative AI, and natural language processing (NLP). Will help improve patient outcomes and drive innovation and efficiency in healthcare. The ideal candidate has a strong background in machine learning, natural language processing, large language models, generative AI, and data engineering, with a passion for solving complex problems in the healthcare domain
Acentra Health is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
People Focused. Mission Driven.
Shape the future of healthcare with us. We are mission driven to improve lives through healthcare quality and clinical expertise.
We do this through our people.
At Acentra Health, you can do meaningful work that makes a real difference for the lives of individuals across the country. We are an organization that cares deeply about our employees and we provide the training and support to do the best work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package at Acentra Health. These benefits are designed to provide you and your family additional protection, security, and support for both your career and your life away from work. They are comprehensive and fit a variety of needs and situations. Our benefits include comprehensive health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts and more.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and implement machine learning models and algorithms to solve healthcare-related problems, such as disease prediction, patient risk stratification, clinical decision support, and personalized medicine
- Explore and implement state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, and natural language processing (NLP)
- Develop and implement data cleaning, feature engineering, and data augmentation techniques to improve model performance and generalizability
- Build scalable and efficient machine learning pipelines for model training, hyperparameter tuning, and cross-validation
- Evaluate and validate machine learning models using appropriate metrics and methodologies, ensuring robustness, accuracy, and reliability
- Interpret and communicate model results to domain experts and stakeholders, providing actionable insights and recommendations
- Collaborate with software engineers and DevOps teams to deploy machine learning models into production systems and integrate them with existing healthcare infrastructure
- Optimize models for performance, scalability, and real-time predictions, considering computational constraints and regulatory requirements
- Document code, methodologies, and experimental results to ensure reproducibility and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, clinicians, researchers, and product managers, to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in machine learning, healthcare informatics, and regulatory landscape to inform decision-making and drive innovation
The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other education- and experience-related duties that management may deem necessary from time to time.
What you’ll need:
- B.S. or master’s degree in computer science, data science, or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 3+ years of experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented scripting languages, such as Python or R
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning models, natural language processing techniques, large language models, and generative AI
- Experience using Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) for testing, deploying, and managing ML and AI systems
- Hands on experience with LLMs and foundation models
- Understanding of generative AI techniques such as variational autoencoders (VAEs), generative adversarial networks (GANs) and transformer-based models
- Hand on experience with data preprocessing and feature engineering
- Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, and data mining techniques
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn) and software development tools
- Familiarity with healthcare data standards (e.g., HL7, FHIR), electronic health records (EHR), medical imaging formats (DICOM), and relevant healthcare regulations (e.g., HIPAA) is highly desirable
- Proficiency in using data manipulation and analysis tools, such as SQL, Pandas, and NumPy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist with a focus on healthcare projects.
- Commensurate experience considered
We know your time is valuable and we thank you in advance for applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Acentra Health
and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of interest. Best of luck in your search!
~ The Acentra Health Talent Acquisition Team
Mental And Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Acentra Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.