Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is looking for a Global Trade Compliance Manager to ensure that our Artificial Intelligence (AI) and RISC V technology, hardware, and software comply with all applicable US import and export regulations. The ideal candidate loves solving complex problems and has a strong understanding of international trade regulations and import/export compliance.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve Tenstorrent's global trade compliance program, covering customs matters, export controls, and sanctions
- Serve as primary point of contact and expert within the company on customs related topics, export controls and sanctions regulations, and coordinate with company departments to ensure compliance
- Implement policies, processes, and training to integrate trade compliance into our product development lifecycle
- Perform import and export classification of our technology and product portfolio, as well as any other items that may be imported or exported from time to time, in accordance with US and any other applicable regulations
- Apply for any applicable export licenses (including deemed exports) and classification requests, and evaluate and track the use of applicable license exceptions
- Maintain all import and export compliance documentation and records, consistent with regulatory requirements, and perform required reporting to government entities
- Conduct compliance reviews, assessments, and audits to identify potential issues and areas for improvement
- Perform restricted/denied party screening and resolve potential matches
- Establish and maintain relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies
- Generates performance metrics for import and export processes and continual compliance improvement
Experience & Qualifications
- B.A./B.S. or other relevant degree
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in technology industry and trade compliance, preferably at a start up
- Previous experience in the semiconductor industry
- Strong knowledge of EAR CCL Categories 3, 4, and 5
- Strong working knowledge of US export regulations, including the recently introduced regulations regarding artificial intelligence hardware, as well as sanctions and customs regulations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.