Sep 13, 2023 - The Refugee Hub is hiring a remote Junior Administrative Coordinator. 📍Location: Worldwide.
About us – what do we do?
The Refugee Hub works at the intersection of research, policy, and programming to champion and design protection solutions for refugees. Our global team specializes in cross-sectoral work, providing high-quality and tailored support to governments, civil society, and private sector leaders in support of an improved refugee protection system. We foster innovative new pathways, programs, and partnerships that leverage the welcoming capacity within our communities. Our unique Knowledge Hub ensures that our policy and programmatic work is fully informed by world-class research and knowledge generation. In addition to a wide range of direct support to key stakeholders, our current flagship partnerships include:
About the role. What will you do?
We are seeking a Junior Administrative Coordinator to join the Refugee Hub’s small but powerful team. The individual in this role will be responsible for organizing travel logistics, managing expenses, and providing calendar support to the Senior Leadership Team. This position requires a proactive professional with excellent organization skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
Plans and coordinates travel arrangements for Senior Leadership Team members, ensuring timely and cost-effective solutions. This role involves confirming travel reservations while accommodating any specific needs, such as dietary restrictions and preferred seating, and promptly addressing any travel disruptions or changes as they arise.
Prepares expense reports for Senior Leadership Team members, ensuring that all expense submissions are in line with the Hub’s policies and procedures. This role provides guidance on expense-related inquiries, tracks monthly expenses to report to the admin department, and proactively identifies opportunities for cost savings.
Calendar Support for Senior Leadership Team:
Supports Senior Leadership Team members’ calendars, ensuring optimal time management. Responsibilities include arranging internal and external meetings, taking into account varied time zones and availability, and coordinating logistics for events—such as room reservations, equipment setup, and catering. Additionally, this role adeptly handles scheduling conflicts and rescheduling requests with efficiency and speed.
- Educational Background: A diploma-level qualification in a pertinent field such as business administration, public administration, finance, or related disciplines.
- Relevant Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years in a role closely related to administrative, logistics or financial functions.
- Organizational Prowess: Demonstrated excellence in organizational and coordination abilities, emphasizing attention to detail and accuracy.
- Numerical Proficiency: Robust numerical and analytical aptitudes essential for precise financial data management.
- Communication Skills: Effective interpersonal and communication competencies, facilitating collaboration across diverse teams.
- Tech Savvy: High proficiency in utilizing office technologies and platforms designed for remote collaboration, notably the Microsoft 365 Suite and Zoom
- Adaptive Work Ethic: The capacity to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving work setting, managing a diverse array of tasks and projects with a prioritized approach.
- Financial Software Proficiency: Familiarity with common financial software and accounting tools like QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Event Organization: Proven experience in organizing virtual and in-person meetings.
This is a remote work position within the range of Western European to Central European Standard Time. Preference for candidates based in the following locations in Canada: Ottawa/Toronto/Montreal; or in Portugal or Germany.
- One-year contract (renewable)
- Start date: as soon as possible
Please apply through Bamboo HR at refugeehub.bamboohr.com/jobs by October 1, 2023 at 23:59 CET, to be considered for this position.
The Refugee Hub is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The Refugee Hub will provide accommodations upon request during the recruitment, selection and assessment process for candidates with a disability.