Sep 13, 2023 - Cultured Code is hiring a remote Cloud Platform Engineer. 📍Location: Worldwide.
We’re hiring a Cloud Platform Engineer. In a team of two, you’ll be responsible for “Things Cloud”, our excellent sync service. Our users trust us with their most important data, and you’ll have to take care of the availability, scalability, and security of the infrastructure. We’re planning to build some exciting and challenging new features, and you’ll be central to making them happen.
We’re looking for someone with prior experience in deploying and running production services on AWS, Google Cloud, or a similar platform. You should understand networking, databases, implications of the CAP theorem, the tradeoffs between different architectures, what all the little buttons in the AWS console do, and so forth. If you enjoy coding, your role can also include working on our services themselves.
Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS, and we manage it with Terraform. We run our backend services on Kubernetes. Due to our team’s size, we often opt for third-party services like EKS and RDS. We use automation where we can. We take the time to design and build our systems properly, which firstly means that they must be logically correct. They should also be simple, robust, and secure. Ultimately we need to get the job done, and that means being flexible and pragmatic as well.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Play a central part in developing and running the entire platform, which includes the Kubernetes cluster, databases and backups, identity and access management, domains and emails, etc.
- Deliver infrastructure using Terraform and automation scripts.
- Coordinate and execute releases and dependency upgrades.
- Continuously improve our security and monitoring systems so incidents are not only detected, but also prevented.
- Discuss infrastructure challenges and solutions with the CTO and other members of the team.
- Work on the code and make small-scale changes to our services. Your role can expand into more coding responsibilities if you’re interested.
- Participate in on-call responsibilities.
- Think clearly and tell us when we’re wrong.
Cultured Code is the company behind Things, the Apple Design Award winning productivity app used on iPhones, iPads and Macs all over the world.
We’re a remote-first company, with an international team of eleven people coming from Germany, Poland, Czechia, Brazil, Australia, Canada, and the US. We have an office in Stuttgart, southern Germany, where three of us work, and where we gather a few times per year for technical discussions and social activities. The company language is English.
Cultured Code is a place where you’ll have an opportunity to do something excellent, and we aim to employ people who want to strive for that as part of a team. If you share our values and have a great skill set then we hope you’ll get in touch!
Applications are open from now until approximately the beginning of October 2023. We’ll be processing them as soon as they arrive, and start with interviews mid-September.