Sep 17, 2023 - Employment Hero is hiring a remote Backend Software Engineer. 📍Location: Vietnam.
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and over 1 Million + active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone for their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
We have multiple Software Engineer opportunities!
Employment Hero’s Software Development team are growing lightning fast. We’re looking for experienced, skilled and innovative Software Developers to join our team and help us build the next generation of Human Resource and Employee Lifecycle Management systems.
In this role, you will help us to create new products and continuously enhance existing products and features, where you’ll get to use unique and new technologies. You will use your experience to help design and architect complex software, for consumption by millions of users around the world.
You have a flexible / growth mindset, with a strong desire to continuously learn - our software roles require you to be able to work autonomously as well as a member of a team.
You'll accelerate your career quickly, working with smart people across the APAC and UK regions, in a fully remote, flexible, and casual environment. We also encourage our teams to work smart, leveraging Github Copilot and other generative AI tech.
We have multiple opportunities where you could work dynamically across our Talent, HR, Platform, Security, Integrations, Growth, AI or other streams/squads.
As our Software Development Engineer, your day could include:
- End-to-end (Fullstack) development for new and current cloud-based applications, for both web and mobile use
- Work on the technology roadmap with Product Owners, designing solutions with your squad, and new feature development, through to production, improving/optimizing and maintenance
- Debug and perform root cause analysis for application issues
- Perform tests and quality checks on your code - you own the quality and security of the code you create
- Take initiative in recommending improvements to the development process
- Proactively identify application pain points and suggest mitigation strategies
- Perform peer reviews of code changes
- Maintain documentation and help articles for new/updated features
- Provide training sessions for the support team for new features
- Work closely with business stakeholders within an agile environment
- Mentoring junior members of the squad
To be successful in joining Employment Hero, you’ll have:
- Experience as a Software Development Engineer, particularly for a cloud-based SaaS
- Experience in at least one Object-oriented programming (OOP) scripting language, such as Ruby on Rails, Python, Scala or other scripting language
- Experience in developing software, using microservices or SOA architecture for deployment on public clouds, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of database concepts and experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience using Agile methodologies and working with Product teams
- Quality coding practices, including test-driven development, unit testing and secure coding awareness
- English language abilities, both written and verbal - you’ll be working with people across the world, including from Australia
Nice to have skills and experience (if you have these you’ll really stand out!):
- Proficiency in Ruby programming language and Ruby frameworks such as Rails or Sinatra
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Have experience in mentoring team mates, or even leading a squad
- Experience in functional programming.
- Familiarity with AWS tooling and environments, including EC2, Kubernetes, etc.
Some of the benefits of working with Employment Hero include:
- Self, health, wealth, and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues including an annual company trip abroad (Last year we went to Thailand!)
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Apply now!We celebrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and we celebrate and invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Not the exact right fit for you? We have Programmer/Developer roles requiring different skills across .Net and .Net Core, Ruby on Rails, Python, Node and React - head to https://employmenthero.com/careers to find out more.
Why join Employment Hero?
★ Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2022, ranked #38 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
★ The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
★ Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
★ Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
★ Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
★ Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
★ GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
★ HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
★ EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018