Sep 21, 2023 - Commercetools is hiring a remote Backend Scala Engineer (m/f/x). 📍Location: Europe.
At commercetools, we are:
- Engaged: We didn't become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: We continually explore what's possible. As the founder of the headless commerce concept, the leader in true composable commerce, and the visionaries behind MACH® — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software. And we are just getting started!
- Valued: Intelligent, resilient, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of care.
The Product Catalog Management team enables some of the largest and more influential global brands to store and manage their inventories in our MACH SaaS platform. We own the models that store those products, the systems that expose them as REST APIs to the world, and the backoffice management tools.
Ensuring that our systems fit the needs of our customers, consume resources responsibly, and can scale to accommodate absurd traffic spikes are very hard and very interesting problems, and we’re looking for your help to solve them!
We are a remote first team of enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers, agile and international. If you’d like to contribute to one of the most innovative eCommerce platforms the world has seen, and you have a passion for tech, clean code and understanding the big picture, commercetools is the place for you!
- Design, implement and extend our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala, as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings and web service APIs
- Develop a scalable and multi-tenant architecture, allowing our customers to efficiently manage thousand of products variants
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality and performance, and work closely with Product Management
- Participate and contribute to the team’s roadmap, technical decisions and planning, both by producing quality proposals, giving meaningful feedback and driving alignment
- Take part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer, developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Work experience with functional programming languages, preferably Scala
- Experience with MongoDB and/or Elasticsearch
- Experience in developing scalable REST APIs
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
📋 We share & contribute to the open source community: https://github.com/sangria-graphql
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
💰 Competitive compensation package: Generous compensation structure consisting of salary, competitive stock option package, various benefits and perks
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.