Sep 21, 2023 - Eventbrite is hiring a remote Engineering Manager - Search. 📍Location: USA.
Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and attendees need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As an Engineering Manager, you will inspire, mentor, and develop the team that builds this global platform.
As an Engineering Manager in the Consumer world, you are responsible for a team whose primary customers are event goers when searching at eventbrite.com
and eventbrite attendee app. You will need to partner with Design and Product to empower users on:
Find: something specific (i.e Ocktober Fest),
Discover: discover what they would like to do (i.e yoga this weekend for free)
Inspire them: I have an open weekend and I don’t know what to do
You’ll refine our software development lifecycle process, clarify design requirements, and accelerate progress. You'll support the career growth of our engineers and provide opportunities to distinguish themselves as they drive impact throughout our organization.
- Tech Lead Manager - has had a leadership role but can be as a technical IC.
- User-facing or Marketplace Search experience with ElasticSearch, OpenSearch, Lucene, or Solr. Be familiar with basic retrieval, relevancy, ranking processes.
- Has direct experience leading Consumer Search team and working on the consumer side of the business.
- Has proficiency working with public clouds like AWS, GCP, OCI, etc.
- Manage a team of six engineers (Backend, Frontend, and Mobile engineers)
- Measure velocity and improve efficiency for the team
- Drive change effectively across our organization
- Maintain regular communication with the leadership team
- Take ownership of career development for engineers on the team.
- Drive innovation in processes and strategies throughout your business unit.
- Lead your team to success on important initiatives even during times of frequent distractions and occasionally conflicting priorities.
- Develop a sustainable, healthy environment for your engineers that is engaging, encouraging, and challenging.
- Work alongside Search specific Product Managers and Personalization team
THE SKILL SET
- Experience working with Search, Personalization or any other type of indexing, relevance and information retrieval
- Analytical mindset for moving business metrics (CTR, CVR, Engagement, etc.): How search can contribute to overall business goals (e.g., revenue)
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead high-functioning and diverse engineering teams geographically distributed across the world
- You’re a polyglot with a solid technical background and the ability to contribute to software design and architectural discussions as a player coach.
- Experience building early-stage consumer products, applying concepts like experimentation, rapid prototyping, and user research in engineering
- Experience working with a highly collaborative remote-first environment, driving a team that ships code to production often.
- Working knowledge of fundamental cloud technologies, preferably within AWS.
- 3 years experience in engineering leadership and people management
- Have contributed to team hiring and building teams from scratch.
- Has experience working with user-centric personalization and recommendations.
- Has worked with ML models to implement: Learn to Rank/Ranking Models, Embeddings, Knowledge Graph Learning, Query Classification, Personalized Search / Two Tower models
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Eventbrite, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $173,900 to $278,280.
You may also be eligible to participate in Eventbrite’s incentive program(s) (such as equity, annual incentive bonus and commission plans), subject to the applicable rules and restrictions.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to providing competitive, valuable and meaningful benefits for our Britelings.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion work for our team, culture, and community.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a wellness package above and beyond standard medical benefits to support our Britelings’ lifestyle.
Eventbrite's global benefit programs are designed to meet you where you are by offering resources and support for your health, well-being, finances, and family. This includes support in a remote/hybrid environment, wellness allowance, Carrot family planning benefit, Origin Financial Planning service, and other offerings to ease the mind and body like Modern Health and BriteBreaks (generally the first Friday of every month off).
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing, marketing, and experience technology platform that serves a consumers and event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. With over 280 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2022, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.