Sep 23, 2023 - Uppeople is hiring a remote Kotlin/Java Engineer. 📍Location: Germany.
A German website-builder and all-in-one hosting solution, designed to enable users to build their own websites without any web design experience.
Client has two products; Creator and Dolphin, both of which offer free and paid plans.
Dolphin is an AI-powered website-builder designed for users with basic computer skills and automates most of the website building process. It uses artificial intelligence to get to know the user, their business, and their goals, then builds a website that is already fully personalized to meet their needs.
Creator is a drag and drop style website builder and hosting service which is suitable for users with some coding skills.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be a part of a team that builds a greenfield project spanning across payment, billing, and subscription domains. You will be working with a team of developers to design and develop scalable and reliable backend systems with Kotlin.
- 5+ years of experience in backend development
- Proficient with Kotlin or experience with Java
- Experience with developing REST APIs and microservices
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design patterns
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
The team of 5 people (tech lead + devs) + will be adding QA and a Principal engineer
- partner's tech interview (1 hour)
- 30 min screening with the tech lead (soft skills)
- 90 min technical screening
Both are usually held the same day, one after another
- Design and develop APIs for the project.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and maintain back-end systems.
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to continuous improvement of our codebase.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in a timely manner