Sep 25, 2023 - LanguageWire is hiring a remote Machine Learning Engineer. 📍Location: Spain.
The role you’ll play
You will work on improving both the quality and efficiency of our training pipelines as well as the inference performance of our Transformer based machine translation models.
The team you’ll be a part of
You will work in the Core Machine Learning Team, where we build LanguageWire’s machine translation (MT), adjacent services to monitor and predict its performance, as well as APIs and applications exposing it both internally and externally.
You will collaborate closely with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers and Full stack Engineers, reporting to the team lead.
What you’ll be doing…
- Optimizing our training pipelines and infrastructure
- Improving the relevance and quality of our training data
- Adopting new ML research into our architecture
- Optimizing our training data, to achieve better models with less data
- Ensuring our MT APIs scale and handle both real-time and batch workloads
In one year, you’ll know you were successful if…
- If our machine translation models train on 2x the number of GPUs in ~0.5 the time
- If our inference speed is more than 50% faster on the same compute
- Our machine translation offers more language pairs and higher quality
Desired experience and competencies
What you’ll need to bring
- Master's degree in computer science and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Expert knowledge of Python & PyTorch
- Experience training large neural networks on millions of examples on multiple GPUs
- Experience running neural networks in production
- Experience with Kubernetes (we use GKE)
This will make you stand out
- Experience with optimization of multi-GPU training
- Experience with training on huge NLP datasets
- Experience with building cost efficient E2E training pipelines
- Experience with inference optimization (e.g. Torchscript/TensorRT/Quantization)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Terraform/Helm
Most important things to know about us:
- We eliminate language barriers so people understand each other. Everywhere.
- We are stable, and we are growing
More detail about us:
At LanguageWire, we are leaders in the world of Language Service Providers, but we are cooler than our competitors. Want to know why? Read on. We are fueled by the most advanced technology (AI) and our goal is to make customer's lives easier by simplifying their communication with any audience across the globe.
We are proud of our unique AI technology and our exquisite customer care. We are even prouder of our people. From our language experts, tech nerds, and customer success drivers to the core of heroes in the background. They all have a stake in supporting the delivery of translations, editing, desktop publishing, and other crazy cool multilingual communication services.
We listen and we care. We adapt our solutions to customer needs and integrate them with customer-specific tech stacks, streamlines and automated workflows. All of this while ensuring all data is protected thoroughly in a secure, meteorite-proof infrastructure. Basically, we've got the whole package!
Working at LanguageWire — why we like it:
We believe that we can wire the world together with language. It drives us to think big, follow ambitious goals, and get better every day. By embracing and solving the most exciting and impactful challenges, we help people to understand each other better and to bring the world closer together.
(Waldemar, Senior Director of Product Management, Valencia)
Want to know more?
We can’t wait to meet you! So, why wait 'til tomorrow? Apply today!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our People Acquisition Partner, Ana Catalá.