Sep 26, 2023 - Acuity Insights is hiring a remote Customer Success Manager. 📍Location: Canada.
Imagine a world where colleges and universities look to truly understand applicants beyond their grades, creating fairer opportunities for education.
Now, picture these institutions equipped with tools that enable them to better support students throughout their academic journey, leading to the successful graduation of well-prepared professionals ready to reach their full potential.
Think about these professionals - doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers, and more - reflecting the diverse makeup of our communities, bringing qualities like empathy, integrity, and cultural understanding into their careers.
Our mission is to bring that world to life through our Admissions Assessments, Program Management, and Analytics products.
Acuity Insights is an EdTech company with a strong sense of purpose. We're at a new stage of growth, with a clear vision and focus. Our roots are firmly planted in health and medical education, and we're branching out to provide our solutions to teacher colleges and business and engineering schools.
You now have a chance to join Acuity Insights as a Customer Success Manager, becoming a valued advisor to our partners in Higher Education who use our Admission Assessment products.
The opportunity is best suited to a purpose-driven Customer Success professional experienced in managing and growing a book of business, skilled at connecting customer needs to product value, who thrives on nurturing and growing long-lasting relationships, all while seeking meaningful work and opportunities to develop professionally.
Opportunity & Impact
As a Customer Success Manager on our Admission Assessments team, you’ll have a vital role on the team that supports customers of our company’s most prominent product, Casper. This situational judgment test is used globally by hundreds of academic programs to assess applicants' soft skills during admissions. The team you’ll be part of also supports Admission teams in adopting and using Duet, a value-alignment assessment that helps identify applicants whose values and priorities align with their program.
In your role, you will own, manage and grow a $2M+ book of business, supporting 60+ programs delivering education in North America. Your portfolio of strategic and high-value partners will be a blend of legacy and newer programs across disciplines, including Health, Medical and Teacher education.
You also get to support implementing our digital-touch strategy, contributing ideas and feedback on plays, templates, account journeys and escalation plans for our 190+ pooled accounts. Once a week, you will look after these smaller programs, responding to their inquiries with the templates and plays you’ve helped create and optimize.
In the day-to-day of your role as a CSM on the Admission Assessment team at Acuity Insights, you’ll guide customers in adopting and maximizing the use of the research-backed Casper & Duet assessments. Your work helps the Admission teams broaden their applicant pool beyond academic performance, promoting diversity and inclusion while enabling them to confidently select applicants more likely to succeed in the program, ultimately reducing student attrition.
You get to hone and develop your leadership skills, guiding customers through different decisions and learning processes and leading them toward accomplishing their specific goals. You’ll see them through significant process change and shift in thinking by introducing them to data, insights and our latest Admissions research. You get to use and build your empathy, active listening and other communication skills to manage escalations and assess partners’ needs, analyze and action where to reaffirm and augment our products’ value. Over time, your work helps your customers create a more equitable admissions process for their program.
Cross-functional collaboration will also contribute to your success in the role. You'll work with Sales for handoffs and growth opportunities, Customer Marketing and Sales Enablement for pipeline support, Casper Operations for test coordination, Product and Technology for web app enhancements, and Research on partner projects.
Your success in this role is measured on three key metrics: Account health, retention and expansion. You’ll know you are thriving if you’ve seen organic revenue growth and high retention within your book of business. You’ll also know you’re effective when you've played a part in improving Customer Success processes or led other initiatives that help us scale and level up as a Customer Success team.
The Customer Success Manager position is a remote, individual contributor role reporting to Eric Beaune (Senior Manager, Customer Success).
To thrive in the role, you:
- Are a customer success professional who has had a chance to build core functional skills through 1 or 2 professional experiences in a Customer Success, Account Manager or related role managing a book of business with retention and growth targets.
- Have developed successful approaches for cultivating and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Bring experience in training or educating customers on understanding new products or ideas.
- Have a keen eye for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and familiarity with achieving growth targets.
- Bring experience helping customers see value in products/services.
- Welcome the chance to attend a conference and make onsite visits in the U.S. and Canada to nurture and grow relationships with your customers in person.
- Enjoy learning and adopting new technologies to help you in your work, and can navigate or quickly ramp up with tools like ChurnZero and Salesforce.
To thrive at Acuity Insights, you are:
- Caring toward people. You show up, take time to listen and understand, encourage and support, and don’t shy away from providing feedback and mentoring and teaching others to help them grow.
- Curious by nature and open to possibilities. You like exploring, asking questions, listening, experimenting, and learning.
- Driven to problem-solve independently and with collaborators, seek to improve your skills, methods, and practices continuously.
- Adaptable with a preference for fluid work environments where you can explore ways to contribute and create value, initiate and take ownership of your projects, and positively influence change.
- At your best when you can manage your work, time, and priorities independently and ask for help when you get stuck or seek feedback.
- Self-aware, with an understanding of your strengths and where you have growth opportunities.
- Motivated by meaningful work and the chance to contribute to creating a society that prioritizes lifting up individuals with empathy, compassion and a thoughtful understanding of the world & people in it.
To ensure an equitable and inclusive process, all candidates will receive equal consideration for an interview, whether applying directly, introduced as a referral or contacting the manager or recruiter.
We look at every resume. Your application is evaluated based on the human attributes and professional skills, experiences & impact communicated in your application.
We do not offer sponsorship if you apply from abroad. You must reside in Canada and be eligible to work here to be considered for an interview.
Our interview process is designed to be a two-way discovery and create space for meaningful conversations. We want to learn who you are as a human & professional, understand your experiences, assess your skills, and ensure alignment with our mission and values.
We encourage you to be curious and ask insightful questions throughout our conversations.
Here are the steps you can expect:
- Review & Selection: A human, not an AI, reviews and assesses your application against our hiring criteria outlined in this job ad.
- Intro Conversation. If selected, you’ll have a 45-60 minute phone call to discuss your background and interests and learn more about the company, team, role, and compensation with a Recruiter (Tine).
- Meet The Manager. Have a 45-minute video call with your potential future manager (Eric) to discuss your relevant experiences & skills and learn about the vision for the team and the role.
- Take-Home Project. Prepare a scenario-based presentation that showcases your ability relevant to the role.
- Meet & Present to the Team. Connect with future peers and collaborators in a 2.5-3 hour video call to present your project and learn more about the team, role and life at Acuity Insights.
- Wait For a Decision. Eric consolidates and evaluates feedback from the interview team to make a hiring decision within 2-4 days.
- Offer of Employment & Reference Check. If we’ve established there’s a match, we'll invite you to an offer conversation. The offer is contingent upon the completion of a reference check.
- Fair Compensation. We offer salaries based on internal pay equity, ensuring fairness and contributing to a responsible and sustainable business.
- Investment In Your Growth. Access an annual budget of $3,000 for your professional and personal development.
- Remote Work & Flexible Hours. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere within Canada and the autonomy to set your own schedule.
- Self-Directed Vacation. Take charge of your vacation schedule and duration with unrestricted paid vacation days, supported and encouraged by your manager.
- Collective Time Off. Join the team in disconnecting from work for two weeks at the end of the year and enjoy extra Fridays off throughout the year.
- Other Paid Time Off. Take comfort in knowing you won’t feel a financial impact when you need time off due to a medical or family emergency, lose a loved one, or just need a day to nurture your mental health and well-being.
- Parental Leave. Bond with your new addition, whether you are a birthing parent, non-birthing parent, or expanding your family through surrogacy or adoption.
- Company Ownership. Get a piece of future profits with employee stock options granted on your start date.
- GRSP Matching Program. Save for your future with our Group Registered Savings Plan in partnership with Wealthsimple. We match contributions up to 2% of your salary.
- Comprehensive Health Coverage. Enroll yourself and your dependents in our health, dental, and life benefits plan through Equitable Life of Canada, starting from day one.
- Holistic Wellness Support. Receive personalized support for your physical, mental, social and financial well-being needs through our membership with Cyno.
A bit more about us
Acuity Insights (formerly Altus Assessments) is a Canadian product and research company established in 2014. We were founded on 15 years of research by co-founders Kelly Dore (Ph.D.) and Harold Reiter (M.D MEd), who invented our first product, Casper, a higher education admissions assessment, at McMaster University in Ontario.
In 2021, we partnered with a private equity firm. It enabled us to acquire One45, a healthcare education software company, expanding our team and offerings beyond Admission Assessments (Casper & Duet) to Program Management (One45) and Data & Insights (Analytics) for higher education institutions.
Behind Acuity Insights, you'll find a diverse team of 120+ caring, curious, and driven individuals collaborating remotely across Canada and some international locations.
We are committed to creating a caring & collaborative culture built on respect for all individuals. We prioritize transparency, equity, and inclusion in our programs, policies and business operations.
Diversity and inclusion fuels innovation, builds better products, and contributes to healthier business outcomes. It’s our company's strength and priority. We encourage individuals from non-traditional backgrounds or historically marginalized and underrepresented groups to apply and join us in helping higher education institutions implement holistic and equitable admission processes that create a student body reflecting the diverse communities they serve.
Thank you for considering applying and making Acuity Insights your next workplace!