Sep 27, 2023 - iDesign is hiring a remote Director of Learner Experience Design. 📍Location: USA.
iDesign (iDesignedu.org) is an edtech company that partners with businesses and the most prestigious colleges in the world to build and support online and blended programs, courses, and curriculums. iDesign builds and leverages cutting edge technologies to best support the objectives, delivery, and course architecture of each unique training opportunity. With a lean, effective team spanning coast-to-coast across the U.S., a career with iDesign means the opportunity to collaborate with all levels and disciplines and to bring your innovative ideas to reality.
What You'll Do
As the Director of Learner Experience (LX) Design, you will work with key stakeholders to lead the vision in innovative design, development, and production of innovative online courses in line with iDesign values, quality, and partner goals. You will hire, coach, and manage iDesign contractors such as learning architects and lead learning architects. You will be integral to the development and continuation of a positive and healthy iDesign culture, inside and out. You may also work on company-wide special projects as needed to facilitate new and ongoing business operations.
The successful candidate will work remotely as a full-time employee.
Perform Extensive Project Leadership and Product Development:
- Through leading development projects, spearhead the project vision for pioneering instructional design and development of online programs and learning products
- Ensure each project team vision aligns seamlessly with iDesign's core values, quality standards, and partner objectives
- Ensure projects focus on inclusive, accessible, learner-focused designs that align with partner goals
- Guide project team members in solving challenges specific to product needs, determining priorities, and eliminating barriers to efficiency
- Regularly evaluate the performance and alignment of work to stated goals, addressing any misalignments early on
- Celebrate and showcase project achievements
- Convey product development directives and ensure team members' goals align with broader company objectives
- Lead program development and exploratory / discovery-based projects
Manage and Develop Teams and People:
- Ensure project team members are well-connected, informed, and provided with opportunities to contribute to program and product innovation
- Seek and provide regular feedback, engage in coaching, and provide resources to individuals for continuous growth
- Collaborate with VPs of LX and L&D to devise actionable strategies to bridge performance gaps to achieve product and service excellence
- Foster an environment of clarity, with everyone understanding their role in the project and goals
- Convey company directives and ensure team members' goals align with broader objectives
- Foster an environment of clarity, where everyone understands their responsibilities, processes, and policies and feels empowered to reach out with questions and challenges
Contribute to Organizational Leadership:
- Engage with VPs of LX, PMO, Integrated Services, and others, providing insights and recommendations on what's working and potential areas for improvement
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance LX processes and workflows, ensuring quality, consistency, and adherence to iDesign values and company-wide priorities
- Participate in LX and Company-wide directives, initiatives, and projects
What You Need to Get the Job Done
Expertise in Instructional Design:
- Advanced degree in Instructional Design, Leadership, Educational Technology, Education, or related field
- Possess current, deep knowledge and vision in the development and innovation of online learning products
- Knowledge of best practices in designing inclusive and accessible learning experiences for diverse audiences
Extensive Experience in Leading Projects with Strong Product Visions:
- Demonstrated ability to oversee projects from a product owner perspective from conception to completion, ensuring alignment with company objectives and stakeholder requirements
- Ability to define and direct a project and product vision that aligns with the broader goals of the organization and partner goals
- Experience in leading projects in complex environments
- Proven experience leading teams, guiding members through challenges, setting priorities, and ensuring efficient project execution
- Experience assessing and evaluating the success of projects against established goals, making necessary adjustments along the way
Experience with Team Development and Management:
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and fostering team growth, with a focus on continuous improvement and professional development
Demonstrated Effectiveness as a Strategic Communicator:
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information clearly and persuasively to a variety of stakeholders
- Proven history of engaging with high-level stakeholders, synthesizing feedback, and making strategic recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to lead with influence, navigating intricate organizational structures
- Experience collaborating with others to identify, recommend, and implement enhancements to existing processes and workflows to drive efficiency and quality
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and teams, promoting seamless integration and mutual understanding
What Will Make Us REALLY Love You
Deep and Varied Instructional Design Expertise:
- Expert in online learning, instructional design and technology, adult learning theory, andragogy/pedagogy/heutagogy to support course development, and knowledge of quality course effective practices
- Experience with innovative strategies for just-in-time learning
- A proven track record of working with academic and business partners to manage projects for the creation of engaging and effective online learning experiences
Fluid Communicator across Audiences:
- Strategic communicator across both corporate and higher ed audiences
Corporate and Higher Ed Understanding and Experience with an eye on ROI:
- Deep understanding of both higher ed and corporate learning needs and values
- Ability to align learning design with needs for partner ROI, business or organizational outcomes, and organizational capabilities
Demonstrated Success and Comfort with the Complex and Ambiguous:
- Proven track record of performing well within projects that require a very high tolerance for ambiguity
- Experience identifying and collaboratively creating solutions and shared visions that take into account volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA)
Innovative AI Experience and Ideas:
- Experience with AI in Education: Experience integrating AI technologies in supporting how companies can learn, innovate and work differently
What You'll Love About Us
Great Company Culture. We like to have fun while we work hard. iDesign has a collaborative, congenial workplace where everyone counts.
Meaningful Work. All iDesigners make a big impact and are expected to make their work count. What we do impacts students' lives!
Rest and Relaxation. Flexible paid time off and 12 paid holidays.
Health Benefits. Medical, dental, and vision, and life insurance. Medical plan has several extra participant program benefits.
Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match.
Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
Working Remotely. You can work in whatever quiet place you find that has a secure, solid broadband connection and a place to set up your laptop.
iDesign is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive environment in which everyone is a valued member. At iDesign, all hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.