Sep 26, 2023 - Telefonica Tech is hiring a remote Infrastructure Engineer. 📍Location: UK.
Telefónica Tech (part of the Telefónica Group) is a leading NextGen Tech solutions provider with a highly diversified team of over 6,000 exceptionally skilled employees and +60 nationalities. At Telefónica Tech we believe that technology can do great things: from extracting all the value of data to make the best business decisions, to ensuring the resilience of every organisation to build a more sustainable future. We serve more than 5.5m customers every day in over 175 countries, with a global ecosystem of market-leading partners. We are a global business with local strategic hubs in Spain, Brazil, the UK, and Germany.
In the UK and Ireland, Telefónica Tech UK&I has over 1,000 professionals helping leading brands and organisations across public sector, financial services and insurance, retail and manufacturing and commercial markets to unlock the power of integrated technology for all. We bring together in one place a unique combination of the best people, with the best tech and the best platforms. All in a simplified manner, to make a real difference to every business, every day. The Telefónica Tech UK&I hub has an end- to-end portfolio of market leading services and develops integrated technology solutions to accelerate digital transformation through: Cloud, Data & AI (Adatis), Enterprise Applications (Incremental), Workplace Services and Cyber Security & Networking.
We live by our values by being open, trusted and bold.Open to new ideas and ways of doing things. Trusted by our employees, customers and partners. Bold in our decisions and actions.
A few of our Partners & Accreditations:
- One of Microsoft UK&I’s top 3 Service Providers having achieved their most highly acclaimed Azure Expert status for the last 3 years. Also recognised as a key Fastrack and Inner Circle Partner working closely across and with Microsoft globally.
- HPE Platinum Partner and pleased to have received the HPE FY23 UK&I Solution Provider of the Year award.
- Part of the Fortinet elite VIP program and one of only 2 Ultimate Partners in the UK.
- AWS Advanced Solution provider program and Managed Service Provider program.
We are currently recruiting for a Level 2 Infrastructure engineer to join our busy team based from our Datacentre in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. You will be responsible for the day-to-day proactive management and support of servers, storage and associated technologies, which provide the foundation for the platforms and customer services. The ideal candidate needs to be flexible to accommodate customer requirements and possess the drive to provide a high level of customer service. In addition to this, good problem solving and troubleshooting skills along with the ability to step logically through issues and clearly communicate with stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an interesting and varied company, who offer a busy yet friendly place of work.
- To provide proactive support and monitoring to Telefónica Tech MS hosted environments
- To triage and help resolve issues raised by customers and internal users.
- To provide second line support to an RDS environment
- Deployment and proactive monitoring of virtual machines on the VMware Hypervisor platforms
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working to ITIL process and guidelines
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and manage priorities
- A minimum of 1 year of working within a dedicated IT department
- An understanding of Virtualisation and backup technologies
- An understanding of Active Directory & Group Policy Management
- Service Desk software experience
- An experience of working with Blue Light Services
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written • Must be able to work on initiative and as part of a team
Required Technical Skills:
- ITIL v3 foundation or higher
- VMware deployment of Virtual Machines
- Automated Patch management third-party tools.
- A methodical troubleshooting approach and strong attention to detail
- Active Directory Management
- Group Policy Management
Desired Technical Skills
- Windows Group Policy creation and management
- Windows Terminal Server Environment Support
- VMware accreditation
- Exposure to Storage and SAN Fibre management
Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week) based on rolling shift pattern which is typically: 07.00 to 15:30 & 08:30 – 17:00
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Due to our location, access to own transport is essential.
- Must meet Security Clearance requirements if this is a requirement of the role and any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate passing BPSS which includes a criminal record check