Sep 29, 2023 - Osmind is hiring a remote Senior Product Designer. 📍Location: USA.
Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are a series B
funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here
for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
In the Senior Product Designer role, you will apply user-centered design methods to craft exceptional user experiences—from concept to execution. You will collaborate with design partners, product managers, and engineers to leverage and evolve the Osmind design system to build beautiful, innovative, and inspired Electronic Health Record (EHR) product features for our customers and their patients.
Note: Osmind is a remote-first, office-encouraged workplace. This position will be remote from US.
What you'll do
- Create low to high-fidelity product design deliverables, interaction design specs, and interactive prototypes for both web and mobile
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the Osmind design system.
- Confidently communicate design intent and rationalize design decisions to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand user needs and design solutions that meet those needs.
- Identify opportunities to improve on the already existing product based on cross-functional qualitative and quantitative data
- Present designs and design rationale to stakeholders, including product management and engineering teams
- Conduct user research and testing to validate design concepts
- Continuously experiment, evaluate, and learn through the design iteration process
- Push the boundaries of what an EHR can be through bold experimentation
- 3+ years of experience working as a Product Designer designing and shipping complex SaaS products
- A strong design portfolio showcasing a foundation in interaction and visual design, prototyping and ideation
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging solutions
- Strong systems thinker with the ability to connect the dots across the entire customer ecosystem
- Appreciation of the practice of design iteration that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Independently manage ambiguity and competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and can clearly & succinctly present concepts to the broader product and design team
- Previous experience working with product managers
- A positive, scrappy attitude, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment
Nice to haves
- Previous experience conducting user research activities to inform the development of design solutions
- Experience contributing to and maintaining design systems
- Healthcare technology experience is preferred but not required.
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Osmind is a public benefit corporation and platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. We recently published our first Public Benefit Report that chronicles how our team of scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists have been working to help solve the worldwide mental health crisis, advance responsible innovation and research, and help ensure robust access to care for patients of all backgrounds. Read the report here: https://www.osmind.org/pbc.