Sep 30, 2023 - Blue Orange Digital is hiring a remote Senior HR Manager. 📍Location: USA.
Blue Orange Digital is a cloud-based data transformation and predictive analytics development firm with offices in NYC and Washington, DC. From startups to Fortune 500's, we help companies make sense of their business challenges by applying modern data analytics techniques, visualizations, and AI/ML. Founded by engineers, we love passionate technologists and data analysts. Our startup DNA means everyone on the team makes a direct contribution to the growth of the company.
We are rapidly looking for a team member to help us grow and support and develop our team. We seek an experienced Senior Manager of Human Resources that is looking to join a rapidly growing organization to serve as a strategic partner to the senior leadership team in the areas of compliance and policy, employee benefits, engagement, and culture.
This full-time position is remote.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
Organizational Design and Culture:
- Advise and support leadership on organizational change and design issues; recommend strategies and approaches to build and sustain a values-aligned, high-performing organizational culture;
- Translate and manifest Blue Orange's values in HR program design, policies, and practice; promote and facilitate employees' ability to do so in their own roles and workplace contexts;
- Support ongoing internal initiatives to create a work environment and community of practice that is inclusive, responsive, and accountable to its goals and values.
Employee Engagement, Development, and Performance:
- Develop, manage, and maintain high standards on employee recruitment, hiring, onboarding, retention plans, and processes that are legally compliant and promote the ongoing development of a diverse and engaged staff;
- Educate and support managers in their roles and efforts with respect to employee hiring, onboarding, and retention;
- Assess, modify, or redesign Blue Orange's performance review program, manage and review policies and processes as needed;
- Create and implement tailored professional development plans, develop policies and programs to support employees' development in their roles and careers;
- Ensure that all employees have ready access to accurate, timely, and legible information about HR policies and processes, along with safe channels to ask questions or raise concerns;
- Create, update, and provide materials, training, coaching and other resources as indicated to deliver on the above responsibilities, and to equip other team members to make their corresponding contributions.
- Design and implement Blue Orange Digital's benefits programs, assist in benefits onboarding and offboarding of team members, administers annual open enrollment cycle, collaborates with insurance brokers, and promptly responds to team members' inquiries related to benefits, including 401k retirement plans and healthcare insurance plans;
- Serve as the primary liaison with insurance brokers and benefit administrators, responding diligently, proactively, and promptly to employee queries, business needs and requirements;
- Strive to offer premium benefits service to staff;
- Develop strategic and operational HR goals and initiatives in collaboration with cross- departmental stakeholders while using our HRIS and ATS;
- Drive the design of organizational strategies and develop People Solutions that will ultimately improve business results through lowering turnover, increasing retention, developing high-performing teams, etc.
- Develop and manage HR department's quarterly EOS work plan and budget;
- Manage hiring, performance, and professional development of department staff;
- Develop, implement, communicate, and maintain all HR related policies, procedures, and associated documents.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and international regulations, and oversee employee relations matters.
- Maintain familiarity with promising and best practices in the HR field; update and incorporate as indicated for Blue Orange Digital.
- 6+ years' experience in senior human resources positions involving a broad range of both strategic and tactical responsibilities;
- Familiarity and facility with the tech industry, consistent with 3+ years' experience as an HR professional with hiring responsibilities in a professional services, technology or similar or HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, etc.);
- Demonstrated success with building new HR systems and integrating with finance/operations and technology;
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams;
- Demonstrated success building, managing, and scaling domestic and international teams in a remote work environment;
- The ability to adapt and lead others through complex situations in a fast-paced environment;
Our Benefits Include:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Match
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life
$120,000 - $140,000 (USD $)
Blue Orange Digital is an equal-opportunity employer.
Background checks may be required for certain positions/projects.