Sep 30, 2023 - SmartAction is hiring a remote Senior Data Scientist. 📍Location: USA.
Who are we?
SmartAction exists to advance the AI movement, bridging the gap between what is, and what can be. We are a fully remote company that provides AI-powered virtual agents as a service to more than 100 leading brands across 12 industries. We are headquartered in Dallas/Fort-Worth, TX.
Our company is continuing to grow its proprietary products and feature sets while leveraging best-of-breed technologies to deliver efficient, scalable solutions to our clients and their end customers. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and good interpersonal skills.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will help our team to discover new insights and build better tools and products. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in one or more areas of data science or machine learning, an inquisitive mindset, and capacity to explore and do more. We are a team focused on discovery and innovation. Strongly collaborative in nature, we support each other and win as one.
- Exploring data sets (structured and unstructured) to determine suitability and cleanliness.
- Discussing and interpreting data science needs and wishes from product ownership and other stakeholders and translating into actionable steps.
- Experimenting with different modeling techniques, including custom approaches, to solve challenges.
- Collaborating with team members to share expertise, achieve common goals, and support each others' growth.
- Leading discussions with architecture and other development teams to guide models for deployment into production landscapes.
- Carefully documenting learnings and crafting a story about discoveries that can be readily understood by non-experts.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or Physics
- Experience with Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, SQL
- Experience with large text corpus or Large Language Models (LLMs) a plus; NLP experience across sentiment analysis, NER, topic modeling, word2vec, BERT is desired
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Caffe, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm, gitlab, github)
- Problem-solving and organizational skills, an orientation toward detail, and a collaboration-oriented
- Comfortable presenting complex data to both technical and non-technical audiences
- History of leading data science projects
The candidate must be eligible to work in the US. We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
Are you the person we are looking for?
SmartAction is looking for people to join our culture who exemplify Grit, are Unconventional, can be Audacious, and have Curiosity. If you are a driven individual who represents these core values and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and take initiative, you might be the person we are looking for.
We are happy to provide a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees, including unlimited PTO, Health, Vision and Dental insurance, 401K, generous paid holidays, stock options, employee recognition awards, active (remote) social events, casual work environment, flexible working arrangements and more.