Oct 01, 2023 - Phaidra is hiring a remote Product Manager. 📍Location: USA.
Phaidra is building the future of industrial automation.
The world today is filled with static, monolithic infrastructure. Factories, power plants, buildings, etc. operate the same they've operated for decades — because the controls programming is hard-coded. Thousands of lines of rules and heuristics that define how the machines interact with each other. The result of all this hard-coding is that facilities are frozen in time, unable to adapt to their environment while their performance slowly degrades.
Phaidra creates AI-powered control systems for the industrial sector, enabling industrial facilities to automatically learn and improve over time. Specifically:
- We use reinforcement learning algorithms to provide this intelligence, converting raw sensor data into high-value actions and decisions.
- We focus on industrial applications, which tend to be well-sensorized with measurable KPIs — perfect for reinforcement learning.
- We enable domain experts (our users) to configure the AI control systems (i.e. agents) without writing code. They define what they want their AI agents to do, and we do it for them.
Our team has a track record of applying AI to some of the toughest problems. From achieving superhuman performance with DeepMind's AlphaGo, to reducing the energy required to cool Google's Data Centers by 40%, we deeply understand AI and how to apply it in production for massive impact.
Phaidra is based in the USA but 100% remote; we do not have a physical office. We hire employees internationally with the help of our partner, OysterHR. Our team is currently located throughout the USA, Canada, UK, Norway, Italy, Portugal, and India.
**Please only apply to one opening. If you are a better fit for another opening, our team will move your application. Candidates who apply to multiple openings will not be considered.**
Who You Are
You’re a self starter and you’re comfortable with the unknown and understand that startup life means that you’re going to be wearing multiple hats. You’re accountable, curious, and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You like a challenge, aren’t afraid to fail and learn from your missteps and are excited to help build a world-class company from the ground up.
As a Product Manager at Phaidra, you are helping envision, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art enterprise machine learning tools and services to the market.
You will own the product roadmap and technical development cycles. You will develop a thorough understanding of the full suite of interfaces, identify gaps, and work collaboratively with engineering, solution architects, design, and marketing teams to bring products to life.
**We are seeking a team member located within one of the following areas: Eastern USA/Central USA
- Define functional requirements, develop detailed product specifications and associated project work plans for features and key enhancement requests.
- Own the roadmap, functional requirements, and develop timeline for multiple staged releases of your product.
- Provide technical guidance to customer teams using Phaidra products
- Be deeply empathetic to customer needs - working to identify, define, and represent their goals and problems - and rally partners to tackle them.
- Think analytically and make decisions and forecast impact through data. Test and learn via analytics, user research, prototyping, surveys, user testing, customer interviews, and rapid experimentation.
- Gathering direct feedback from customers and expertly communicating that to the Product and Engineering Teams.
- 3+ years of technical product management experience
- Industrial/HVAC controls experience (must have!)
- Have shipped refined complex, technical products
- Experience pulling insights from quantitative and qualitative data to articulate customer challenges
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timeline
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal, and enjoys a fast paced work environment.
- 3+ years experience with Agile and scrum workflows and processes.
In your first 30 days...
- Familiarize yourself with the Phaidra Handbook.
- Review Product roadmaps, requirements, designs, and implementations.
- Participate in recurring meetings with relevant teams.
- Introduce yourself to the Product customers.
By your first 60 days...
- Build an understanding of our work processes and tools.
- Interview customers and identify gaps in our Product.
- Start writing and communicating requirements.
- Start refining the Product roadmap.
By your first 90 days...
- Create formal launch plans for Product releases.
- Organize and refine Product documentation and team APIs.
- Prioritize Product features and bugs.
- Assist with constructing high-level test plans.
- Create presentations to share progress with stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience with modern machine learning libraries, frameworks and technologies
- AI/ML product management experience
- Working in a start-up environment
- Experience working with a global, remote team
- Familiarity with B2B sales
- US Residents: $130,000-$160,000
- UK Residents: £94,000-£116,000
This position will also include equity.
These are best faith estimates of the base salary range for this position. Multiple factors such as experience, education, level, and location are taken into account when determining compensation.
Benefits & Perks
- Fast-paced and team-oriented environment where you will be instrumental in the direction of the company.
- Phaidra is a 100% remote company with a digital nomad policy.
- Competitive compensation & equity with an early exercise option.
- Outsized responsibilities & professional development.
- Training is foundational; functional, customer immersion, and development training.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (exact benefits vary by region).
- Unlimited paid time off, with a minimum of 20 days off per year requirement.
- Paid parental leave (exact benefits vary by region).
- Home office setup stipend and company MacBook.
- Monthly internet reimbursement.
On being Remote
We are thoughtful about remote collaboration. We look to the pioneers - like Gitlab - for inspiration and best practices to create a stellar remote work environment. We have a documentation-first culture and actively practice asynchronous communication in everything we do. Our team stays connected through tools like Slack and video chat. Most teams meet daily, and we have dedicated all-hands meetings bi-weekly to build strong relationships. We hold virtual team building events once per month - and even hold virtual socials to watch rocket launches! We have a yearly in-person, all-company summit in locations like Seattle, Athens, Goa, and Barcelona.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Phaidra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Phaidra is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. We welcome diversity and strive to maintain an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance with completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phaidra participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization database provided through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA). As required by law, we will provide the SSA and, if necessary, the DHS, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization for those residing in the United States.
Additional information about E-Verify can be found here.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITERS.