Oct 04, 2023 - Kalibri Labs is hiring a remote Data Integration Analyst (API). 📍Location: USA.
At Kalibri Labs, we are helping to redefine and rebuild the way performance metrics are viewed in the hotel industry. We are looking for passionate, energetic, and hardworking people with an entrepreneurial spirit, who dream big and challenge the status quo. We are working on cutting-edge solutions for the industry as they navigate the recovery process. We are using our big data coupled with machine learning and AI to help highlight the path forward. Kalibri Labs is growing, so if you're ready to make a difference and utilize your talents across a groundbreaking organization, please keep reading!
We are looking for a Data Integration Analyst. The role is responsible for the data product, integration roadmap, and strategy for execution. As such, they would be required to work independently and most directly with the Data Ingest and/or Engineering teams to define a project roadmap representing project goals, scope, phases, and requirements for new data integrations at Kalibri Labs. This role will involve working with the data vendors (including Property Management Systems (PMS) and Central Reservation Systems (CRS)) and hotel brand customers, analyzing system APIs, defining a data product roadmap, and developing detailed technical requirements against data objectives.
- Evaluate vendor marketplace and sales opportunities in order to provide recommendations regarding integration priorities among specified Brands, PMS or CRS vendors, and related data sources.
- Determine overall cost/usage models for each integration and communicate to Kalibri Labs stakeholders.
- Evaluate all aspects of data integrations considering source data, PII, ETL requirements and vendor-specific nuances in data availability and field structure.
- Develop business requirements to extract all necessary data to integrate from vendor systems into Kalibri Labs' data warehouse.
- Collaborate closely with data product teams to break down integrations into highly iterative goals. Work as part of a team with the data product teams to respond to questions. Refine requirements and help resolve impediments from a product perspective.
- Ensure documentation reflects decisions made and changes applied during development.
- Maintain a roadmap plan which accurately represents current state and future plan for progress for each integration.
- Lead and manage project and teams through shifting priorities and timelines to deliver maximum business value based on company goals and market/user needs.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and external clients to align customer need, company goals, and project priorities.
- Contribute to improving processes and finding more efficient ways of executing projects/implementations.
Desired experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience either as a Data Product Manager, Business Analyst, or working with data and/or database development teams in an agile environment
- Ability to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, prioritize tasks, and adapt to changes in priorities
- Experience in SQL required
- Demonstrated comfortability interacting with APIs with tools such as curl, postman
- Confident working in shell and basic scripting such as python, ruby, or node a plus
- Keen attention to details and strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively and clearly with both clients and internal stakeholders
- Experience with Jira, Confluence or similar work management tool is a plus
- Experience with hotel data (transactions, reservations, checkouts, etc.) or hotel systems (PMS, CRS, Revenue Management, etc.) a plus