Oct 04, 2023 - Blackbird.AI is hiring a remote Machine Learning QA Engineer. 📍Location: USA.
Blackbird.AI helps organizations discover emergent threats and stay one step ahead of real-world harm through our Real-Time AI-powered Narrative and Risk Intelligence Platform. Our commitment is to prioritize safety and security, providing the tools to identify potential risks and ensure a safer environment proactively. No matter the job or where it’s located, we’re all connected by a shared vision: To lead and enhance the landscape of risk intelligence.
Reporting to the Head of AI, the Machine Learning QA Engineer will own model performance validation for our team, designing and implementing test strategies to perform testing and review of our machine learning models. You will work closely with our ML Engineering Team to ensure the quality of our models, contributing significantly to the mission of empowering the pursuit of information integrity globally.
As the Machine Learning QA Engineer, you’ll have the chance to:
- Lead the QA testing efforts for our team of ML Engineers, ensuring the reliability and performance of machine learning models.
- Improve, design, and develop effective test strategies tailored to machine learning models, staying updated with industry best practices.
- Develop test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Conduct both manual and automated testing of machine learning models using Python and relevant tools and frameworks.
- Collaborate closely with the ML Engineering Team to identify issues, provide constructive feedback, and drive continuous quality improvement.
- Work closely with internal users to identify problem areas and address quality concerns and design mechanisms for incorporating user feedback to improve models
- Drive ongoing enhancements in our QA processes for machine learning models
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in machine learning quality assurance and testing.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning concepts and algorithms.
- Working knowledge of best practices for evaluating ML models.
- Proficiency in Python for building and evaluating ML models.
- Experience with Python frameworks/models for machine learning, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, HuggingFace, FastText, transformers.
- Familiarity with version control systems like Git.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead a functional area within our team and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
We’ve outlined specific skills, experience, and requirements for this position, but don’t stress if you don’t meet every single one. Our Talent team is dedicated to discovering exceptional individuals, and they might identify a relevant aspect of your background that suits this role or another opportunity within Blackbird.AI.
If you have passion for the role, please still apply.
What’s in it for you:
Blackbird.AI is embarking on an exciting growth journey with numerous opportunities for career development within the company. You will join a nurturing, inclusive, and experienced team.
Join us as we soar to new heights!
At Blackbird.AI, our core values shape how we work and make decisions. Our values inspire us to be authentic and continue improving.
We embrace a strong sense of responsibility to society, recognizing the vital role our services play in empowering governments, communities, and individuals to foster critical thinking and empowerment. We believe in integrating personal and professional lives with societal needs, emphasizing the importance of creating an environment that attracts top talent and provides substantial growth opportunities. We are motivated by the potential of science and technology to impact humanity positively.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive compensation package, 401(k), and equity - everyone has a stake in our growth!
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your loved ones, including wellness days and monthly wellness reimbursements - an apple a day doesn’t always keep the doctor away!
- Generous vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance!
- A flexible work environment with opportunities to collaborate with your team in person - you can have it all!
- Inclusion and Impact - soar to new heights!
- Bi-annual offsites - have fun with your colleagues!
- Professional development stipend - never stop learning!
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York, Blackbird.AI is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to New York. It takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. At Blackbird.AI, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current compensation range for this position is expected to be $XX,XXX - $XX,XXX. This range may vary for positions outside of New York and as it has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled and does not consider our bonus and commission structures.
Regardless of location, candidates can expect during the first few conversations with Blackbird.AI’s Talent Team and Hiring Managers to share any approved budget and details on our competitive bonus and commission packages.
Equal Opportunity Employer