Oct 06, 2023 - Instacart is hiring a remote Analytics Lead, Media Analytics. 📍Location: USA.
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Analytics Lead who specializes in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics. Joining the Media Analytics Scalability team, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, data visualizations, and other self-service data tools to drive critical business decisions. Your expertise in SQL & Python coding, data analysis, and data visualization will be instrumental in providing stakeholders with critical and actionable insights. As a member of the team, you will also have the opportunity to work on AI-related projects, leveraging data-driven AI technologies to enhance business outcomes.
About the job:
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc., ensuring the highest data integrity and mapping back to the source of truth.
- Develop compelling data visualizations and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders self-serve access to critical metrics and insights.
- Build solutions by breaking down problems into smaller chunks, prioritizing based on their potential impact on revenue for Instacart, and leveraging data-driven AI technologies where applicable.
- Strive to become the domain expert when working with stakeholders, conducting research, validating findings, and sharing knowledge with the team.
- Build tools that scale and address 80% of use cases, with a focus on usability and continuous optimization for the most significant impact.
- Drive AI-related projects, utilizing data engineering techniques and collaborating with AI teams to enhance business outcomes through AI solutions.
- Embrace a velocity-focused approach, not being afraid to fail, but using failures as learning opportunities to improve and make data-driven decisions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including sales, product, data science, engineering, finance, business operations, and others to ensure alignment and drive impactful outcomes.
- Possess a strong interest in AI and a passion for leveraging data to drive strategic product decisions and improve consumer software products.
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code, preferably in Python.
- Strong understanding of business concepts and ability to influence business decision-making through data-driven insights, including AI-related projects.
- Adaptability to pivot when needed, savviness in navigating and thriving in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset are required to contribute to the success of the team and the company.
- 5-7 years of experience working in a combination of Business Intelligence and Data Engineer roles.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python coding, with a strong aptitude for analytical thinking.
- Experience with ETL tools, data modeling, and building/maintaining data warehouses using tools like DBT.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in table partitioning, data sharding strategies, and query optimization.
- Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate business needs into actionable insights.
- Passion for leveraging data to drive strategic product decisions and improve consumer software products.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in eCommerce as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or Analyst.
- Familiarity with Snowflake for querying and ELT optimizations.
- Familiarity with visualization tools like Tableau and Mode.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
CA, NY, CT, NJ
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states