Oct 08, 2023 - MDCalc is hiring a remote Senior Front End Engineer. 📍Location: USA.
MDCalc was founded in 2005 by practicing emergency physicians, Dr. Graham Walker and Dr. Joe Habboushe, to provide a platform that enables clinicians to achieve better patient outcomes, while also providing a superior UI/UX experience. Actively used by more than 65% of US physicians every month, MDCalc is the most broadly used medical reference – at the point-of-care – for clinical decision tools and content. These evidence-based tools and content are used by millions of medical professionals globally and support 50+ specialties and cover 200+ patient conditions.
Job Opening: Senior Engineer
The responsibilities of this individual include the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise in continuing to modernize our web, app, and EHR platforms to provide the best overall experience to our users and customers
- Hands on development role enhancing our architecture and building new features
- Provide technical support for production and quality control within a fully remote, small but mighty team.
- Have a clear understanding of the criticality of our technology to millions of patients every month, and thus making technology changes with the appropriate amount of change control and enterprise rigor
Skills desired (not required) of this individual include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with Consumer/Public Websites, Mobile Applications, Amazon AWS, and other key cloud technologies
- 3+ years of full-time experience with React, React Native, Typescript, NodeJS, SQL, NextJS, and Express
- Mission-driven orientation towards your career
- Passion for working with modern cloud, development, and AI technologies
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test-driven development, react context, and global state management.
- Ability to document and distill strategic concepts into actionable components
- Comfortable making data driven decisions in a highly empowered role
What we can offer you:
- Ability to make a true difference in medicine: MDCalc is the most broadly used medical reference by physicians, used by 65% of US attending doctors weekly
- Dynamic, virtual, work from anywhere (within the USA) environment while providing unique experiences every day
- Work directly with multiple practicing MDs and healthcare systems while contributing to the evolving healthcare landscape
- A culture of fun and motivated team members that believe in a greater mission here at MDCalc
- Base compensation ranges from $130,000 to $180,000, depending on experience and accomplishments; we offer a bonus, 401k, and great health benefits too!