Oct 10, 2023 - Kalibrate is hiring a remote Technical Engineer (US). 📍Location: USA.
Why join Kalibrate
For over 25 years, Kalibrate has been staying ahead of the curve in the fast-moving world of fuel and convenience retail. We were the first to use the power of data for making better decisions, and today our artificial intelligence & machine learning solutions have turned data into intelligent, actionable tools. With over 300 clients in 70 countries, in mature and emerging markets, for clients large and small, our strategy and technology solutions empower fuel and convenience retailers around the globe to achieve more excellent value and success on their terms.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we have ambitious plans to grow over the next five years.
Our team of Technical Engineers provide our global client base with technical support 24x7x365 across various products within the Kalibrate group.
We are the first point of contact for our clients and work to build strong and valued relationships with our internal stakeholders and customer user base.
Whilst we act as the first point of contact, we pride ourselves on offering a high technical skillset to resolve Incidents and Service Requests as efficiently as possible. However, we are also responsible for escalating tickets to wider teams where resolution is not forthcoming.
Who we’re looking for...
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Technical Engineer who possesses the ability to work on the initiative but who also has a strong team ethic and is excited at the prospect of learning new products and technologies to join our US team.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a similar 2nd line/application support/senior technical service desk role, in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of SQL, and a good understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies. Experience investigating Server issues. Strong communication skills with the ability to converse in technical and non-technical language are paramount, alongside excellent customer service skills.
Most importantly, we are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our highly valued and diverse team to help us to continue to provide our high standard of support to our valued clients.
The salary for this position is 65K+ competitive benefits and remote work.
- Strong, demonstratable SQL skills, with experience working with SQL language – both theoretical and practical.
- Strong Windows server knowledge.
- Previous experience working in a similar client-facing role in a software/technology company in a 24/7 operation.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the ITIL framework.
- High-quality communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the target audience.
- Desire and ability to work daytime shifts patterns as required, including Public Holidays and as part of the on-call rota for weekend cover.
- Experience working as Service Desk/Help Desk - 2nd Line Support and Ticketing Systems.
- Software Support experience is the key to this role.
Is this you? Then hit apply! If you do not have the right to work in the US, please do not apply as we are not able to provide sponsorship.