Oct 10, 2023 - Nearmap is hiring a remote Senior Director of Customer Success. 📍Location: USA.
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we are growing!
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we are a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
Nearmap is committed to delighting our customers at every interaction as our company continues to grow around the world. Understanding our Customer’s needs, creating the right engagement for the right customer at the right time is key. The Senior Director of Global Customer Success is the cornerstone to ensure we understand customer needs and outcomes, and create and manage a set of offerings that result in highly successful and loyal customers.
This person will be an expert in customer use cases, goals and business outcomes and proactively identify how our products, services and value proposition can best drive and support our customers’ journey. You will develop deep expertise in Nearmap products and services, from both a technical and business domain perspective, to provide high value-add advice to customer stakeholders at all levels. Creative, analytical, intuitive and self-driven, you will be the expert in customer consumption of Nearmap products, spurring usage and driving adoption at all stages of the customer journey, while building high customer satisfaction, maximizing the value of customer investment in our products, and converting them to Nearmappers- promoters internally and externally. Ensures the customers obtain the desired outcome when using our products and services increasing retention, owning the renewal process preventing churn and downgrade while building loyalty. You will also partner internally with stakeholders on voice of the customer at Nearmap, providing feedback and insights on how Nearmap can better serve our customers.
- Collaborate with the sales team on account strategy development for assigned customers, understanding and defining customer vision and strategy for maximizing their investment in Nearmap products.
- Drive customer success through initial on-boarding, product adoption, retention and growth initiatives.
- Manage the creation, implementation and ongoing delivery of global CS programs.
- Promote client satisfaction and loyalty by understanding each business’s unique (and evolving) goals and requirements, delivering value and exceeding expectations through customer service.
- Improve and advocate for customer experience by collaborating cross-functionally with Sales, Product & Engineering teams to action requests.
- Drive adoption of Nearmap premium content and products, maximizing customer investment and accelerating time-to-value with smooth handoff to sales.
- Focus on customer retention by conducting regular check-in calls for tactical items, and perform quarterly health checks for strategic reviews.
- Track accounts to identify churn risk and work proactively to eliminate that risk.
- Identify and/or develop upsell and renewal opportunities and partner with appropriate teams to progress.
- Monitor, analyze and interpret trends in customer consumption at every stage of the customer journey.
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for advocacy.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and manage any escalations.
- Identify areas to develop relevant customer facing content that can be leverage on a one to many model for furthering the Customer Success journey.
- Ensure highest level of customer satisfaction across all client accounts.
- Procative problem resolution and handling account escalations
- Successful track record as an Experienced Customer Success leader in a growth technology global company working with B2B, technology environment ideally $150M+.
- Commercial and customer mindset with a track-record of building and executing customer-centric business strategy and successfully reducing customer churn, driving engagement, and maximizing customer lifetime value
- Action oriented leader with experience motivating, mentoring and developing a geographically remote and diverse team.
- Experience with escalation management working with Sales, Support and R&D.
- Proven ability to set-up and manage well defined metrics and OKRs to create a scalable and transferrable process across the business. Demonstrated success owning GRR/NPS.
- Strong operational leadership capability with experience in each of the core functions in a fast pace technology environment
- Demonstrated experience in driving strategy and execution on customer engagements. Proficient at explaining strengths, value, vulnerabilities, and planning customer engagements accordingly.
- Excellent program management skills, with a unique blend of creative problem solving, business acumen, and analytical aptitude.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing or similar field of study
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video below to find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.