Oct 17, 2023 - Jimdo is hiring a remote Backend Engineer - Website Builder Team. 📍Location: Germany.
Jimdo was founded by 3 school friends in 2007 in a farmhouse in Northern Germany. Today, we’re a growing profitable business with a team of 250+ people from 50 nationalities based in over 15 countries. Jimdo’s mission is to unleash the power of self-employed small business owners, the backbone of the global economy, and help them thrive. We offer products and services to help founders start, grow, and manage their businesses.
Jimdo started as a website builder and has helped businesses create over 32 million websites. Over the years, our portfolio evolved to specifically serve the unique needs of micro businesses. In addition to our GDPR-compliant website builder powered by AI, we offer an online store, logo creator, legal text generator, business listings, social media integration, SEO, and more. We are constantly developing new products and services that make the lives of micro business owners easier and help fuel their businesses.
We have a physical location in Hamburg, Germany, where teams come together for in-person collaboration. If you’re inspired by our mission and like the idea of working for a dynamic remote-first company where you can create impact from day 1, we’d love to meet you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, Implement, and maintain features and functionalities for Website Builder Services
- Follow best coding practices, write scalable, efficient code with testing in mind.
- Review pull requests from junior engineers and peers, ensuring that code adheres to company standards and best practices.
- Keep working towards improving security, observability and maintenance of services.
What you bring to the table:
- You already have have 3-4 years of experience as an engineer.
- You love the Terminal.
- Experience with Python, Java, Kotlin, or Node.js is required.
- You know all the basics about HTTP, methods, cookies, and headers
- Experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with Git
What we offer:
Inspiring Mission: At our core, we are driven by a meaningful mission - to empower solopreneurs and small businesses to succeed and to contribute to the sustainability and vibrancy of the communities they serve.
Embracing Flexibility and Trust: Our work environment thrives on flexibility and trust. We offer fully remote work set-up with opportunities for in-person collaboration. You can manage your working hours flexibly because we prioritize the results you deliver over the number of hours you put in. Additionally, we encourage side hustles to foster your entrepreneurial spirit.
An International Diverse Team: Our team is a mosaic of over 250 individuals hailing from 50+ different countries and working across 15+ diverse locations. We take pride in our openness and inclusivity, with an Employee-led DEI Council and active ERGs that ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Unleashing Growth and Career Development: We invest in your growth with company-wide access to LinkedIn Learning. From day one, you have the chance to contribute your ideas and create a meaningful impact. Our flat hierarchies and swift decision-making processes provide an open platform for your career progression.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Annual compensation reviews to ensure you're rewarded fairly.
- A remote office set-up bonus to enhance your workspace.
- A unique workation policy that allows you to work from different locations.
- An employee assistance program, offering resources and counseling.
- Plus, a perk that keeps giving: up to three free Jimdo websites for your personal or professional projects that you get to keep forever.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. Our diverse team values and celebrates the uniqueness of each individual. We embrace differences and believe that they enrich our organization, making us stronger and more innovative. Join us, and let's continue to create a workplace where everyone can thrive, regardless of background or identity.