Oct 17, 2023 - Beacon Media + Marketing is hiring a remote WordPress Developer. 📍Location: USA.
At Beacon, we believe great marketing is a marriage of art and science, where insight, creativity, and technology work brilliantly together. We are looking for a WordPress Developer to create amazing WordPress websites based on our designer's mockups that are both beautiful and functional. This position would also be responsible for some server management together with our IT team. You get to work with other fun, hardworking, and creative people who are passionate about making marketing magic happen for our clients (all while adding awards and trophies to your bookshelf).
We are a very fast-paced and rapidly expanding digital agency. Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled, flexible, and imaginative individual with an eye for marketing, organization, and details. We want someone with a strong understanding of industry trends, AI innovation, and content management systems. An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment, with back-end knowledge, is preferred.
So if you like working with people, can organize and juggle multiple balls at once (not literally, but that would be awesome, too), have outstanding communication skills, and enjoy a fast-paced environment, we'd love to talk to you! The diversity of our client mix means you'll never get bored. From mental and behavioral health to HVAC, dental, and business services, we work with some of the best companies in their industries. From coast to coast, our clients are small to medium businesses that focus on local or regional target audiences.
- Design, develop, and maintain WordPress websites in accordance with client specifications and modern best practices.
- Customize themes and plugins to achieve desired functionalities.
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure designs are implemented accurately and are responsive across all devices.
- Taking creative direction and feedback in a positive way from the Creative Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve website issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct website performance tests and optimize for speed and scalability.
- Stay updated with the latest trends in web design and WordPress development.
- Making recommendations for improvements to the site as technology and the industry advances.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or a related field is recommended.
- 3+ years of experience in WordPress website development.
- Experience with and a willingness to continue to implement AI tools.
- Experience with WordPress visual builders like Elementor, WP Bakery, etc.
- Solid understanding of responsive design and development practices.
- Familiarity with website optimization tools such as Google PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix.
- Ability to convert comprehensive UX layouts (from Adobe XD) into working WordPress pages.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A portfolio showcasing previously developed WordPress websites.
- Knowledge of technical SEO best practices is a plus.
- Experience in an agency setting is a plus.
We have offices in Anchorage, AK (our HQ), and Reno, NV. We have staff currently operating in 13 states and four different time zones. Not only are we comfortable with remote and hybrid work models… we love them and have created a dynamic remote work culture.
You don't have to be crazy to work here, we'll train you! We are always up for a good challenge and we love to produce GREAT work for our clients and have a blast doing it. Our team is made up of people who love what they do and love making a difference. Everyone's voice is heard and you will have space and freedom to create your dream job. People who are adaptable, flexible, curious about AI, and excel at creating their own structure and self-managing do really well at Beacon.
Benefits & Wages:
We offer quarterly profit sharing, flexible work hours, generous vacation time, 401k plans, as well as medical, dental, and vision insurance. This job pays between $57,000-$63,000 depending on experience plus benefits.