Oct 19, 2023 - Mediavine is hiring a remote Editor, Food Fanatic. 📍Location: USA.
The Editor of Food Fanatic has a love of cooking and food content with a passion for creating it, but most importantly has an entrepreneurial drive and curiosity for leveraging emerging technologies to grow this site into a profitable, best-in-class food destination. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing more than 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. Mediavine ensures optimal performance for our creators with best-in-class technology and a commitment to both traffic quality and brand safety.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. Our motivation is ensuring that brands and businesses grow in every respect, providing educational tools and innovative plugins — and advertising technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down websites.
We strive to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to a culture in which everyone feels welcomed. We seek individuals who will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't just platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the content and business strategy of an established food site as well as influence the Mediavine research and development team that helps thousands of publisher partners build sustainable businesses. Reporting to the Editorial Director, the Editor is accountable for managing Food Fanatic’s editorial calendar, tracking the performance of content, and optimizing traffic to maximize revenue growth and engagement. They will recruit and manage a team of freelance writers in developing recipes and other food content, contribute to daily content production, and leverage technology to make the process as efficient and effective as possible.
Working closely with a product team dedicated to Mediavine’s owned and operated sites, the Editor will facilitate tests to improve our products, inform best practices for our publisher partners, and contribute to ongoing product innovation at Mediavine.
The Editor will bring a knowledge of the publishing industry and social platforms, an understanding of the benefits and risks of emerging technology such as generative AI, along with great instincts for what's important to the general audience of a content-driven site for food “fanatics.”
- Own the editorial calendar and production process for Food Fanatic
- Develop Food Fanatic into a best-in-class source of content ranging from written articles to photography, video, social media, and other visual content formats
- Regularly create content
- Manage, recruit, and maintain a small team of freelance writers, keeping them trained on best editorial and SEO practices
- Manage and refine the content SEO workflow from story conception to production to post-publishing updates, collaborating with our team SEO Analyst on keyword research and strategy to identify the highest-impact content opportunities
- Own and champion the Food Fanatic voice, manage editorial direction, and develop/maintain style guides for all visual and written content
- Build a robust and lucrative product affiliate program
- Grow the email subscriber base and support efforts to drive traffic through newsletters, alerts, and other channels
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices, with an eye toward improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our content operations
- Ensure that LOE for content creation efforts leads to demonstrable results in service of our KPIs and organizational priorities
- Manage Food Fanatic’s social media platforms, with help from tools and vendors
- Manage tests related to content as needed in service of the development of Mediavine’s suite of products
- Have the ability to travel for annual All Hands Retreat
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- 5+ years managing content for a blog or online news publication
- 5+ years writing for SEO and social media
- Experience managing and producing social media content
- Experience using data to inform content decisions
- Experience managing a team of writers a plus
- Extensive experience using WordPress
- Experience and interest in using generative AI tools responsibly a plus
- An expert writer and communicator
- Highly organized and able to nimbly prioritize and manage granular details of different bodies of work deftly, efficiently, and excellently
- Experience using data to drive content decisions
- Adaptable and comfortable working in an unpredictable, fast-changing environment
- A true team player comfortable managing up, down and across, with a strong bias toward action and transparency
- A voracious student of their craft who takes the initiative to discover and learn the best tactics and tools their team and organization might leverage to accomplish its goals
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, business or related field
- An empathetic human being who shows respect and care for their teammates and their readers
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag, and more
- Company-match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer