Oct 19, 2023 - ClearBank is hiring a remote Analyst Data Engineer - Bristol Placement Year. 📍Location: UK.
- To apply, the relevant students must send their CV to the following email address, 7B68742555@jobs.workablemail.com
- This role with ClearBank will be promoted by the University of Bristol to its students who are undertaking the following courses: (i) Data Science with Year in Industry BSc and (ii) MEng Engineering Mathematics with a Year in Industry. The roles will be offered as part of industrial placements to be undertaken during the 2024/2025 academic year.
- The University of Bristol will share with the relevant students by email the attached job descriptions in the form provided by ClearBank.
- ClearBank will have full discretion over the criteria and selection process.
- ClearBank will be under no obligation to offer any role should there be no suitable candidate either at the application or interview stage.
ClearBank was built on the belief that banking infrastructure would no longer slow down progress. Instead, it’s the catalyst that unlocks the potential to innovate. That’s why our clients — financial institutions from fintech’s and crypto platforms, to banks and credit unions — use our API to power their banking infrastructure.
But we wouldn’t be ClearBank without our people. They’re what powers our innovative technology and the reason we love what we do every day. We’re a group of spirited people who are never afraid to challenge the norm – becoming stronger, more energised, and that much better when we’re together. It’s our belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means our people are empowered with the tools to learn, grow, and contribute to ours and our clients’ success. Interested in joining us? Read on or visit our website for more information.
You will be passionate about data, a problem solver, and have a methodical and logical mindset. An attention to detail and ability to scrutinise will be invaluable in ensuring you deliver trusted analytics and insights, be that reports/MI, predictive analytics, or statistical analysis.
You will be
We are looking for an Analyst Data Engineer and Analyst Data Scientist who will join a growing team who deliver data science and analytical capabilities on our 100% Azure cloud-based infrastructure. The team will be critical in delivering our data strategy that promotes a data-native culture and full data transparency, while providing transformative enterprise-wide insights.
Data is vital to ClearBank. We need it for everything from stopping terrorist funding, to better understanding our customers. This is a role for someone who believes in the powers of data and how it can be used to deliver a core part of our ambitious, growing organisation.
At Clear Bank the vast majority of our data and analytics is based around our time series transactional data and platform process analytics. Our work involves everything from creating features to attach to our clients based off their data and behaviours, to using it directly for process mining and development performance of our systems and delivery.
We are building a data community that thrives on self-service capabilities while maintaining good quality data meaning disseminating knowledge, mentoring, and implementing a robust analytics framework will be key to success. This community is made up all types of people, from data engineers and architects to business domain experts, so soft skills are just as important as the technical ones.
We are a people first company and your growth and development is an important part of our view of success. We touch every department of the company, there is huge opportunity to develop use-cases in areas you wish to develop and have an interest in.
As we are a fintech with a relatively small team we need someone who is happy in a variety of roles – supporting and directly helping with data science deliveries, supporting business units with technical skills and data access, helping shape initiatives as we uncover more data sources for our growing datalake and owning pipelines that deliver bespoke data for our users.
Core Skills and Experience gained during placement
- Gain familiarity with our Azure Databricks workspace, confidence using SQL workspace & spinning up analytical clusters.
- Develop into a great communicator who loves to champion data and its potential.
- Learn to use the tools of data engineering, data science and analytics, such as Scala, Python, Terraform, Spark and MLFlow.
- Work with technical and non-technical users on how to leverage data to achieve the best outcomes.
- Become comfortable writing and maintaining machine learning algorithms.
- Gain knowledge and experience of our visualisation tools including PowerBI & Tableau
- Develop good data management practises and how these apply to trusted analytics
About what we offer
- Placement duration to be agreed with contract (between 9 – 12 months)
- Placement start date to be agreed (between June & September)
- Competitive salary between £17,000 - £23,000 per annum / pro rata
- ‘Fresh Air Fridays’ - the flexible option to finish early on a Friday where possible.
- Annual leave to be agreed.
- Remote-first working with access to London and Bristol offices (where the Team is mostly Bristol based with a regular office presence)
- Regular in-person and online socials
- A supportive, challenging, and agile environment
- Flexible working practices
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now!
The legal bit
By submitting your CV, you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.