Oct 22, 2023 - Verytechnology is hiring a remote Client Success Manager (Account Manager). 📍Location: Costa Rica.
Please read the IMPORTANT section at the end of this posting.
Very is a fully distributed IoT technology firm led by expert problem-solvers to create efficient, scalable solutions that move commercial, industrial, and consumer IoT projects from pilot to production in record time.
We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right — as we’ve won numerous workplace awards over the years. Most recently in 2021 we were certified as a Great Place to Work, and in 2022 we were listed again in Parity.org
’s list of Best Companies for Women to Advance.
We believe that everything we build — and the people we build it with — has the potential to change the world. Our client list includes numerous well-known brands determined to leverage the power of IoT to drive material outcomes — such as Vizio, Peloton, Clear, iHeart Radio and Fellowes. Our goal, for each and every client we partner with, is to create high-value solutions through a collaborative and user-centered process.
About This Role
As a Client Success Manager or CSM at a product development services company, you will own the client success outcomes and commercial retention of medium to large brands in North America. You will develop and maintain deep relationships that you matrix into the various key work partners at Very and your client to align on business outcome attainment.
You will collaborate cross-functionally internally at Very, and with your clients to deliver the targeted commercial results. Your key work partners will include program managers, engineers, designers, and key business stakeholders. Your internal project team will span some or all of our four practice areas at Very including Software, Hardware, Data Science, and Design
- If you’re a strategic thinker who wants to join a growing, profitable tech company in a role that:
- Has a high focus on delivering for clients in an “I see you, I hear you, let’s win together” mentality
- Works with clients at large, recognizable companies
- Manage accounts with complex projects and goals
- Maintain and grow relationships that lead to consistent growth and success
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is first and foremost an IoT Product Design and Development firm. We tackle hard problems for clients who need a targeted, senior team to come in and provide specific solutions. We address the IoT space through our four practice areas: Hardware, Software, UI/UX, and Data Science. Our projects in this domain range from data acquisition and alerting for industrial power systems to automated self-pour beer taps.
You’ll spend the majority of your time working with potential clients - showing them our expertise, acting as a strategic advisor, and ultimately selling them on our services. This means that you’ll need to have a background in presenting to clients and pushing them to be successful.
We value honesty with our clients (and they love it too), so this person should not be afraid to speak up at any time with a suggestion on how things should work, not how the client has said they think they should work.
- Retain and renew a high-value of booked business through proactive contribution to successful project delivery and client satisfaction
- Meet or exceed quarterly retention and renewal targets for your account
- In partnership with your manager, facilitate new growth opportunities within your accounts
- Own the client key business stakeholder relationship and facilitate the mutual relationship matrix alignment
- Effectively communicate internally and externally in a clear, transparent manner that seeks to understand. Articulate client issues and areas of delight.
- Forecast your opportunities accurately and document your commercial metrics in the CRM and other internal reporting tools
- Foster high-impact client relationships that lead to future client referrals
- Working with existing clients to grow their relationship with Very through strategic thinking and outstanding service
- Hitting monthly expansion & renewal targets
- Guiding the success of the relationship to retain clients through additional builds and projects
- Finding new opportunities within the larger organization, parent company, subsidiaries, and partners in collaboration with our Sales, Program Management, and Delivery Teams
- Finding referrals from client stakeholders, CTOs, or executives
- Getting introductions for our Sales Team to partner companies, SaaS platforms integrated with project, other agencies connected to the project
- Understanding client needs and solutions by working with Delivery Team & Product Managers
- Focusing on what our clients view as success and ensuring every touch point in our relationship gets them towards their goals
- Providing concierge level of service to our clients
- Keeping the Very Leadership Team informed of successes and obstacles with all major accounts
You’ll be expected to be on the road meeting with clients at least a few times a quarter. You’ll have a generous Travel & Entertainment budget to do so.
This role is for an experienced Client Success Manager who knows how to manage complex relationships with multiple initiatives and nurture those relationships in a way that leads to the retention of booked business, renewals, and growth.
The following are the skill requirements we are seeking in our next CSM:
- 4+ years of successfully managing B2B client relationships at a technology company
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
- Previous responsibility for financial and sales target attainment
- A demonstrable track record of retaining a portfolio of multiple clients while providing outstanding service
- IoT Technology Aware. History of learning complex technical systems quickly
- Technology industry experience working at a company that delivers a technology-enabled product, service or both
- Complete fluency in English. At least a C1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Proficient with business case creation, ability to analyze budgets, and utilize business metrics to enhance decision making
- Strong level of forecasting accuracy of your accounts
- Organized with a program management mindset and an emphasis on preparation and diligence
- Exemplary presentation skills, both in-person and digitally with experience creating and delivering presentations for internal and external reporting
- Salesforce Proficiency or comparable CRM experience
- Experience working with US clients
- Professional services experience
- Experience in IoT and/or connected devices
Your contract with Very will be as an independent contractor for an indefinite period.
This type of contract carries some additional responsibilities for you: You'll have to save some money to take care of taxes, and you'll have to pay for public social security (Health and Pension) out of pocket.
That being said, we're confident that our competitive compensation and benefits package (see below) will still mean that you are happy with your take-home amount at the end of each month.
OTE will range from USD $45,000 - $50,000 per year; commensurate with experience.
Distributed in a 70% base, 30% variable compensation.
We also offer world-class perks:
- Paid Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro (loan)
- $500 annual Home Office Stipend to build out your home office.
- $100/mo Monthly Communications Stipend (Can be used towards Cell Phone Data Plan, WiFi Plan, VOIP, VPN)
- Udemy license for continuing education
- $1,500 annual Training Stipend after 1 year
- $1,000 annual Healthcare Stipend (to be used towards Health insurance premium)
- Personalized ESL coaching and access to an AI-powered adaptive platform to take your English to the next level
Additional perks (could vary)
- Paid trip to somewhere in the World for the annual global company retreat.
Why Work for Very
You are more than your job title. At Very, we prioritize talent development and professional growth with a human-first approach that caters to the unique goals each individual brings to the team.
Our core value, Invest in Our People, looks like collaborating with a cohort of talented people on a mission to get better every single day. It feels like working for a company that invests in you. And it means finding alignment with your career goals to get you where you want to be.
How do we bring our priorities to life? Of course we offer the typical world-class perks you would expect. Additionally, as a remote-first company (since 2011), we provide stipends for home office, telephone, and internet. Professional development funds and generous parental leave are also some of the benefits you can expect.
But a healthy company culture isn't just about perks. It's about creating an environment where our employees can thrive. Our work is fueled by smart, creative people whose lives are enriched by our experiences together. We learn together, we grow together, and we play together. Despite working across more than half a dozen countries, our teams connect regularly for work and for fun - on Slack, Zoom, and during an annual retreat. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, so we know well what it takes to maintain a strong culture. #LI-Remote
1. This job is to work for a US company. An advanced level of English is a must. Please refrain from applying if this is not your case. Resumes must be in English.
2. This job is remote but if you’re not located in the region or country mentioned in the post’s title, do not continue. Your application won’t be reviewed.
If you’re in Brazil, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Cuba, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, or Venezuela, we can’t accept your application at this time.
3. The region/country on the post's title is not related to the location of the clients we serve. It's a reference to the residence location of the applicant. All of Very's clients are North America-based.
4. Delivery team members may be required to travel up to 10% of the time. As a client services organization, this is expected.
Interviewing for a new company is a serious time commitment for all parties involved. Please take the time to read this and thoughtfully consider if we would be a good fit for one another. No contractors or agencies. Seriously. #LI-Remote