Oct 22, 2023 - Schoolytics is hiring a remote Sales Development Representative. 📍Location: USA.
As part of the Sales team and reporting directly to the COO, the SDR role focuses on driving business growth by securing first calls/demos for the sales team. By showing strong performance in this role, you will have the opportunity to grow into an account executive role - running these calls yourself and hiring our next SDR. As the SDR, your primary role is to generate leads and sales pipeline through outbound calls, emails, social media, and in-person conversations.
The ideal candidate will be a true self-starter: passionate, driven, organized and always strives for excellence. Success in this position will require creativity, drive and the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly.
What is Schoolytics?
Schoolytics is an innovative platform that unlocks the power of data for educators. By combining student data from multiple sources, Schoolytics provides a holistic learning profile for every student. The platform offers simple, flexible reporting to surface powerful insights to help educators transform data into action. Teachers and administrators use Schoolytics to pursue data-driven instruction, save time, and support students at scale. With unparalleled access to student outcomes data and a founding team of data scientists, Schoolytics is also developing unique generative AI applications.
What you'll do:
- Articulate our value proposition to school district administrators and assess interest level
- Meet with prospects over the phone and occasionally video to build rapport and drive interest
- Convert initial interest (inbound and outbound) into first meetings via email, calls, and conversations
- Write and execute outbound sequences that include email and calls
- Proactively identity prospects, engage them and secure meetings/demos for the sales team
- Analyze the top of the sales funnel, generate insights, and collaborate with the sales team to make adjustments to improve effectiveness
- Provide weekly team performance summary: such as first leads secured and trends or patterns you are seeing
- Utilize Hubspot (our CRM)
- Help to develop the sales playbook for our sales team
What you'll need to be successful:
- 1+ years of experience as a SDR / previous cold-calling experience
- Top performer, results-oriented, with a track record of overachievement
- Task management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- A can-do, problem-solver, growth mindset to help build this team from the ground up
- Ability to work independently with a fully remote team
- Excitement around growing a sales career
- Familiarity with Hubspot is a bonus
Schedule and Compensation:
- Flexible Working Hours - key is being responsive to any inbound leads
- Compensation is a combination of base and variable pay - no cap on variable pay
- This is an opportunity to learn a ton, roll up your sleeves, create a lot of impact and quickly grow into an account executive
- Pay range: $55k-$75k OTE per year depending on experience and qualifications