Oct 23, 2023 - RedCloud Technologies is hiring a remote Data Lead. 📍Location: Portugal.
RedCloud is leveraging AI-powered technology to break down the barriers to fair and profitable trade in emerging markets.
RedCloud's Intelligent Open Commerce Platform connects FMCG Brands, Distributors, and Local Merchants on a single, equitable marketplace, empowering them with real-world insights and data to help them make better decisions. RedCloud enables FMCG Brands to seize new opportunities in emerging markets, facilitates access to more buyers & streamlines operations for Distributors, and helps Local Merchants spend more time selling products, not searching for them.
The company comprises a highly diverse, dynamic team of driven talented people from over twenty different countries, speaking multiple languages, with a physical footprint in Africa, Europe, and Latin America.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring the quality and adherence to a data-design and software development process that creates quality and consistency in all deliveries
- Reading and aiding in the planning and design of data solutions to be implemented
- Mentoring all members of the data team in following the data process
- Leading and helping to coordinate all day-to-day activities of several squads
- Participating in and leading dailies, retros and other recurring rituals
- Being/becoming a technical reference for all matters pertaining to the data team's stack
- Ensuring open communication, collaboration and an inclusive culture within and between teams
What you should have:
- At least 8 years in a senior engineering role
- At least 2 years in a data team
- At least 1 year in a coordinator/leader role
- Solid coding: You can deliver production code that is reliable, readable, modular, scalable, commented. You understand the importance of testing and documentation. You are comfortable giving and receiving code-reviews.
- Collaborative attitude: you are a professional who knows how to communicate and cooperate in a team environment. You go out of your way to help. You speak up when you see something wrong. You raise your hand and talk it out when something bothers you.
- Learning mindset: you are not daunted by new challenges or learning something from scratch. You get motivated and dive in.
- Comfort with advanced SQL
- Comfort with advanced Python
- Comfort with Git and Github
- Knowledge of Snowflake and its features
- Over 2 years experience with Python
- Experience with Snowflake and DBT
- Experience with PySpark and handling large datasets
- Experience applying machine learning models
Check out the links below to see what our CEO Justin Floyd has to say about our plans for growth for the year ahead, and to see our latest video on the mission we're on!