Oct 23, 2023 - Routeware, Inc is hiring a remote DevOps Engineer. 📍Location: Canada.
Routeware is the industry leader in providing SAAS software solutions, integrated technologies including RFID, AI, video, hardware/software, and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations achieve a digital transformation that saves time and money, increases efficiency, improves safety, and helps to make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company is PE-backed and employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
- Transform waste collection to drive a better future for generations to come.
- Adaptability - The waste industry and technology are ever-changing, and the Routeware team never stops adapting to be at the forefront of technology innovation, supporting our customers to stay ahead.
- Mission-driven - At Routeware, it matters to us that our work has a lasting positive impact on our customers' outcomes, our fellow team members' well-being, and the long-term sustainability of our environment.
- Human-first - While technology drives our products; the real, live, caring people at Routeware are the true drivers of meaningful outcomes for our customers.
DevOps is a key component of the Routeware team and we are looking for the ideal candidate who has advanced knowledge of the concepts, best practices, and procedures within the DevOps practice. They will have exceptional skills in communication and documentation and will be able to foster professional relationships. They should be comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, and support processes for DevOps operations
- Have the technical skills to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incident management and root cause analysis
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- 5+ Experience with both Linux and Windows environments
- 3+ years supporting Azure Infrastructure
- Multiple CI/CD tools experience (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Experience with IAC (Ansible, Terraform, Etc)
- Configuration and managing databases such as MS SQL, Postgres, Mongo, Etc
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- A strong team player with the ability to manage and collaborate on multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Experience with SysOps/GitOps
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- 1 Volunteer day
- Summer Friday's
This is a full-time, remote role based anywhere in Canada.
Routeware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.