Oct 30, 2023 - carsales is hiring a remote Product Manager - Fixed Term. 📍Location: Australia, New Zealand.
At carsales, we're all about making buying and selling a great experience. For 25 years we’ve been evolving with the new economy to help people choose how they move today and tomorrow.
When it comes to your career, we want to provide big opportunities to help you make a big impact. But for this to be possible, we strive to feel small. Small enough to quickly change tack, small enough to learn from different departments and small enough to connect authentically with leadership.
Not something you’d expect from one of the country’s biggest tech companies, is it?
And one of the best parts? We give you the autonomy to choose the working location that best suits your lifestyle – Office, Hybrid or Anywhere (AU & NZ).
What’s on offer:
- A place where you can move your career forward, where you’ll be continuously backed to make new ideas happen, and the chance to do work that makes real, significant impact in the world.
- We’re proud to be recognised as one of Australia’s Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, an AFR BOSS Best Place to Work, a Family Friendly Workplace, and WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
- The support of a highly engaged, high-performing team including a leadership team that’s you’ll actually have face time with.
- ASX 100 Listed Tech company growing globally with Australian based exec team.
This is your opportunity to help people research cars – whether that is their next car, dream car or current car. The objective is to drive people onto our platforms by providing the right tools, guidance and personalised insights, supporting and nurturing them throughout their buying, owning and selling journeys.
The role sits within the Consumer Product team, whose mission is to empower buyers by offering the broadest range of choice, facilitating seamless connections with the most suitable vehicles, while helping sellers with the most rewarding sale. This is a broad and ambiguous space that offers huge potential for a lateral thinker to carve out a strategy and go after new opportunities.
- Deeply understand the problems existing and prospective customers face and why these problems are so important to solve. Build empathy around these customer problems with stakeholders.
- Create a product strategy informed by robust mental models that addresses the customer pain points and capitalises on commercial and customer opportunities
- Challenge the status quo through hypothesis led product development.
- Through the quarterly OKR planning process, break big goals down into small, solvable pieces, and be able to reliably select and deliver the pieces that have disproportionately high value.
- In tandem with the Team Lead, work within a cross functional squad comprising Design, Engineering, QA and SEO throughout the product discovery process, including the day-to-day delivery of the team, including sprint planning, review and retros.
- Build relationships with cross-functional and matrix teams. Make sure that the team is aligned, and everyone is moving in the same direction. Key stakeholders across the business include the broader Consumer Product team, Design, AI/Data Science, Technology, Content, Marketing, SEO, Media and Legal.
What we are looking for?
- Demonstrated inclusive and interpersonal attributes that connect you to our behaviours (we change the game, we own it, we step in, we are curious, we don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams, influencing and championing change in the business beyond your own squad
- Ability to derive clarity from ambiguity, and a firm understanding of when to go deep into discovery and when to execute.
- Well-developed product toolkit so you know which tool, process or framework to use for which job
- Strategic thinker with the ability to prioritise and make trade off decisions on short- and long-term goals
- High level of initiative and accountability; thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in developing commercial and pricing models a plus but not mandatory
A few other things we want to let you know about...
- carsales is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a candidate with a disability or you’ll need some adjustments to be at your best, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer, including part time work. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process - if you want to know more just ask.
- We are a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer which means we are committed to responding to every job applicant
- Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.
So come and join our team - because every role is a big role in our plans to go big