Nov 03, 2023 - Murmuration is hiring a remote QA Engineer, Data Validation. 💸 Salary: $85k - $105k. 📍Location: USA.
About the Role
As a QA Engineer, Data Validation on the Platform Engineering team, you’ll be expected to participate in all aspects of designing, building, and implementing software testing within the organization. As part of an agile development team, this may include developing test strategies, drawing up test documents, identifying faults, and reviewing QA reports. A successful candidate will bring strong analytical ability and the ability to deliver results within a fast-moving, agile environment.
Note: At Murmuration, we are committed to becoming an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. To this end, all staff members are expected to actively participate in DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging) programming.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop automated tests for Web and Data Applications;
- Extend and maintain existing test frameworks;
- Plan, document, review, and execute testing using the most appropriate methodology and tools;
- Collaborate with project team members on requirements specifications for test plan creation and execution;
- Support an agile data pipeline development environment with frequent deployments to production;
- Work closely with architects, developers, and product managers to define testing strategies; and
- Advocate for necessary changes to improve end-user experience.
What You Should Have:
- 3+ years of QA experience with a knowledge of testing methodologies, industry tools, and best practices;
- Experience working with automation testing tools;
- Experience working with Test Management platforms such as TestRail;
- Experience with AWS cloud services (S3, Lambda, etc.);
- Experience with Linux command line tools;
- Experience using Git repository management solutions (Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.);
- Experience with QA processes and deliverables in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Proficient in defect tracking and analyzing root cause utilizing tools (Jira, etc.);
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and debugging skills.
What You Could Have:
- Experience with data testing;
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases;
- Experience with Python or other scripting language;
- Experience with Pandas for Python (https://pandas.pydata.org/);
- Experience with Docker; and
- Experience working with deployment pipelines;
Talented QA Engineers, Data Validation come from all walks of life and careers. If you are passionate about civic engagement and technology, please apply, even if you do not check every box!
Location and Compensation
The QA Engineer, Data Validation is a full-time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefits package. It is based anywhere in the U.S. The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $105,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Our Culture of Care
We work hard to create a culture of care to ensure that our staff are best equipped to lead happy, healthy, and balanced lives. To that end, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance with 100% of premiums covered for you and qualifying family members;
- Retirement benefits with a 4% employer match;
- A flexible unlimited PTO plan;
- Generous paid parental leave;
- Pre-tax commuter benefits;
- A company laptop;
- A flexible remote work environment;
- A home office setup stipend for all new employees;
- Monthly reimbursement for remote work expenses;
- A yearly professional development fund;
- Mental health and wellness benefits through Calm and Better Help;
- Yearly in-person staff retreats; and
- A welcoming culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Murmuration is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.