Artificial Intelligence Developer (HYBRID)
This position is located within the Client and serves under the Chief Data Officer (CDO) in the Enterprise Data program. Client mission is to direct the strategy, deployment, and management of Client technology with an unwavering commitment to IT excellence, efficiency, and value for government, residents, businesses, and visitors. The position functions as an Information Technology Specialist who serves as an AI developer responsible for building and helping implement artificial intelligence systems to serve District agencies. This includes working with Client agencies to solve identify opportunities to apply AI to improve District services and operations.
- Collaborates with agencies to understand requirements and needs to identify opportunities to apply AI/ML solutions.
- Research and evaluate AI/ML industry best practices to determine feasibility and suitability to agency needs.
- Works with AI Analyst in gathering project requirements from internal and external customers.
- Leads prototyping and development of AI/ML models and systems, including large language models, natural language processing, computer vision, predictive analytics and other data modeling techniques and technologies.
- Trains, evaluates, and optimizes AI/ML models before deployment.
- Ensures AI/ML models adhere to responsible and ethical AI principles.
- Develops and implements testing strategies to ensure AI/ML systems meet needs of agencies.
- Works with AI Engineer to deploy and monitor AI/ML models.
- Contributes to committees and groups focused on data governance.
- Assists in communicating and presenting AI/ML initiatives and results to agency stakeholders.
- Provides guidance to agencies evaluating AI/ML tools or software that integrates AI/ML.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge Required By The Position
- Expertise with Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch and other AI/ML software
- Expertise with Microsoft Azure Cloud platform, including Microsoft Azure AI and Machine Learning suite of services.
- Experience developing AI and ML models and applications for production.
- Knowledge of data security, ethics, and bias issues with AI systems.
- Knowledge of the AI/ML development lifecycle as a part of the Test-Evaluate-Verify-Validate framework.
- Strong math and statistical abilities for AI/ML algorithms.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
- Develops technical applications to support users.
- Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provides training for system products and procedures.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Required / Desired
Expertise with Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch and other AI/ML software
Expertise with Microsoft Azure Cloud platform, including Microsoft Azure AI, Machine Learning and Cognitive Services suite
Experience developing AI and ML models and applications for production.
Knowledge of data security, ethics, and bias issues with AI systems.
Knowledge of the AI/ML development lifecycle as a part of the Test-Evaluate-Verify-Validate framework.
Strong math and statistical abilities for AI/ML algorithms.
Planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities
Leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures
Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
Candidate must be able to qualify for a MASTER Level Labor Category