Nov 05, 2023 - akirolabs is hiring a remote Fullstack Data Scientist (NLP/LLM). 📍Location: Germany.
akirolabs is an award-winning AI-powered platform designed to elevate procurement from a tactical function to a strategic business partner orchestrating value chains. Our cutting-edge solution enables the self-sufficient development of procurement strategies, providing a ready-to-use framework that organizations can adapt to their unique needs and contexts.
Our comprehensive category strategy management solution brings traditional category management to new heights by leveraging AI, fostering extended collaboration, and utilizing data from multiple sources and extending it beyond category taxonomy. With a purpose-driven focus, akirolabs emphasizes purpose and meaning, addressing the numerous ESG-related challenges organizations face and helping procurement earn recognition as more than just a cost killer.
Having won many prestigious awards and recognitions, akirolabs is a recognized leader in AI-driven procurement technology landscape. Some of our accolades include being shortlisted for the prestigious World Procurement Awards 2023 in the Procurement Technology Provider category, being named as one of the top 10 procure tech startups in the Digital Procurement world in 2022, and receiving the title of Gartner Cool Vendor 2022™ in Sourcing and Procurement Technology.
Our corporate culture and values can be found here https://akirolabs.com/company/our-vision/.
- Drive AI/DS/ML initiatives across an organization and take ownership of the entire ML lifecycle, from concept to delivery
- Continue AI/ML development for our SaaS product with a passion for well architected, secure, testable and documented code as well as scalable system design
- You are self-starter who identifies relevant research in procurement area and subsequently integrates this knowledge into our product by conducting experiments and devising solutions for creating chatbots, forecasts and desicion support systems
- Utilize your software engineering expertise and business acumen to build, scale and maintain our ML services, managing all phases of technology development
- Create, maintain high-quality datasets and implement data pipelines for processing procurement data
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams of software engineers implementing disruptive change in the procurement industry
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in AI/ML technologies and best practices, and proactively contribute ideas for continuous improvement
- Learn, share knowledge and participate in further building of our Data Science team
- University degree (PhD preferred) in a relevant field of study like Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Science, Data Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or comparable industrial experience
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning and generative models with understanding of computational constraints and data privacy considerations
- Solid understanding of NLP, Prompt engineering and LLM including training, fine-tuning, transfer learning techniques, and data augmentation strategies
- Knowledge of Data Manipulation techniques (using Spark, Pandas, NumPy, etc), Data Visualization and Storages like Databases/SQL, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses
- Champion best coding practices, documentation, reviews, data quality and security, and performance with proficiency in Python and a strong grasp of popular ML libraries and frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch or scikit-learn
- Experience with Infrastructure (MLOps, Clouds, SQL, REST APIs, GitHub, Sagemaker) and managing end-to-end ML pipelines
- Relevant experience in software development and familiarity with our tech stack (React and Java)
- Good English in speaking and writing, communication skills that are clear, open and professional
- Be part of a recognised leader in AI-driven procurement technology startup, creating innovative services that have a substantial impact on the lives of our enterprise customers
- Remote-first – work where you work best (within Germany), whether from home or in a hybrid/onsite mode from our office in a great location in Berlin
- You have a unique chance to join the team on early stage and make your valued input in engineering excellence. Working in an international team and context
- Be productive with our modern equipment and tools
- Enjoy your free time with 30 paid vacation days and public holidays per your location in Germany
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package
- Business trips within Europe might be expected on demand (once per quarter in average)
- Team building company events
akirolabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: akirolabs is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at akirolabs are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, […], family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. akirolabs will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.