Nov 06, 2023 - Nobias Therapeutics is hiring a remote HR/Payroll Generalist. 📍Location: USA.
We are a growing company seeking an experienced HR Generalist with a background in payroll administration. This key team member plays a critical role in managing various aspects of human resources and payroll functions within the organization. This role involves overseeing payroll processing, supporting the recruiting and onboarding process, ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations, and providing support to employees on HR-related matters.
This can be a remote role anywhere in the US; salary will vary based on location and experience, 52-85k. No agencies or third parties, please.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the recruitment process, including job postings, application screening, and onboarding.
- Preparing, reviewing, and processing semi-monthly payroll for US employees, ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and inquiries from employees
- Collect and review timesheets, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Calculate and process employee wages, deductions, and benefits changes accurately and on time.
- Maintain accurate and confidential employee records, including personal and payroll information.
- Process new hires, terminations, and employee status changes in HR and payroll systems.
- Ensure compliance with wage and hour laws, overtime rules, and other payroll-related regulations.
- Administer and explain company benefits and policies to employees.
- Remain current on federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations; advise management team as needed
- Administer employee benefits programs, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and leave policies.
- Facilitate the enrollment and termination of employees in benefit programs.
- Provide HR support to employees regarding HR policies, procedures, and inquiries.
- Support the recruitment process, including job postings, application screening, and onboarding.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of education. Bonus points for familiarity with science, biology, or machine learning.
- Proven experience in HR and payroll administration.
- Experience with employees in California is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll software and HRIS systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Professional certification in HR (e.g. PHR, PHR-CA, SPHR-CA) is a plus.
- International HR experience is a plus but not required.
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life and disability, and EAP. Generous paid time off, including one week office closure in December.