Nov 12, 2023 - Sympower is hiring a remote Data Engineer. 📍Location: Netherlands.
Our ideal candidate is based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate.
The Sympower data team is dedicated to delivering forecasting services, business intelligence (BI) dashboards, and self-service data capabilities. We work in close collaboration with other Engineering Teams to seamlessly integrate data within the broader Sympower software ecosystem.
As a Data Engineer at Sympower, your primary focus will be on the technical integration of data. This entails the data infrastructure and integration pipelines of our Data Platform. While the foundational integration pipelines have been established, we are now seeking a skilled individual to expand and enhance this component. You will be responsible for building new and enhancing existing data integration pipelines, optimising the data infrastructure, and ensuring seamless integration (both input and output) within our software systems.
Whats in it for you
We are committed to creating an inclusive and values-based culture where everyone feels that they belong, and where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work.
We offer a market competitive compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 30 paid holiday days per year
- Remote office budget
- Working from home allowance
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- Paid volunteer days
Learn about all of our benefits on our careers page.
What you will do
During your daily job, you will:
- Integrate data from various internal and external sources from APIs, Apache Pulsar, (no)SQL databases.
- Develop batch and streaming data pipelines with the full Databricks stack, with a strong focus on software engineering best practices.
- Drive data architecture and coherent data modelling across our data platform.
You will work with the other roles in the data team (Machine Learning Engineers and Analytics Engineers) to deliver end-to-end data products to the other Sympower teams, the Sympower platform and our customers.
What you will need
- Strong software-engineering mindset, approach and skills (Python).
- Experience with git, CI/CD, testing frameworks, DevOps.
- Experience with building and improving data infrastructure, familiar with the Lake House concept and data cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with data integration and processing: Big data storage, processing, ELT (batch/streaming) development and optimisation in Pyspark or other frameworks.
- Knowledge of data modelling techniques, e.g. Kimball, Inmon, etc.
- Advocate of data architecture standards: high-level infrastructure/pipeline design, data flow diagrams, data models.
- Ownership of the projects you work on, discussing with stakeholders and providing your input for the team’s technical and product roadmap.
- Affinity for working in a fast-paced/growing scale-up company. You are a fast learner and can adapt quickly to new circumstances.
- Fluent in English and other languages are nice to have.
Nice to have:
- Experience and affinity with our current data team’s tech stack: Python, Databricks, Spark, Delta Lake, Pulsar, Postgres, AWS
- Experience and affinity with building end-to-end ML and/or BI data services.
Who We Are
Sympower is accelerating the global transition towards ‘net-zero’ by helping to build smarter, cleaner renewable energy systems. Using our proprietary software platform, we help balance the supply and demand of electricity across international energy networks.
We help businesses, grid operators, asset owners and other energy stakeholders around the world reduce their carbon emissions, integrate more distributed renewable energy resources, and generate new revenue streams by participating in demand-side response services.
Learn more about us in this video!
In 2022, Sympower became a certified B Corp, which shows the company is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency across 5 impact areas: governance, workers, community, environment, and customers.
Sympower is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees!
MESSAGE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: support for filling this position is not required, so proposals for recruitment services will not be reviewed or responded to.