Nov 14, 2023 - Mapbox is hiring a remote Product Manager II, HD Maps. 📍Location: USA.
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
Our vision is to power navigation for people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. In the coming years we will see the vehicle driving task gradually shift from the human to the autonomous driver. We will empower the automotive industry to autonomously navigate vehicles to bring people and packages everywhere by creating and maintaining the Mapbox HD Map, solving the key industry challenges of scaling it to all roads and keeping it fresh and accurate.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a highly motivated HD Map Product Manager to join our team to help redefine the HD mapping industry. The successful candidate will own the Mapbox HD map roadmap and execution, working closely with engineering teams on solving complex technical problems in an industry that is ready for disruption. The role requires creativity and flexibility as you work to define the future of the HD mapping industry. The HD Map Product Manager will interface and collaborate with high profile automotive industry customers to ensure our products meet their requirements and are delivered on-time and within budget.
As a Product Manager you can expect to:
- Develop and manage the roadmap for Mapbox HD map products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, sales, and marketing, to define product requirements
- Interface and collaborate with high profile automotive industry customers to ensure our products meet their requirements and are delivered on-time and within budget
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the product
- Analyze market trends and customer needs to identify opportunities for product development
- Lead the development and implementation of go-to-market strategies for new products
- Develop and manage product pricing and profitability
- Manage the product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch and post-launch
- Ensure product compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations
- Provide product training and support to internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously monitor product performance and implement improvements as needed
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years as a Product Manager: You have launched successful products, preferably in the geospatial and automotive industry.
- HD mapping and automotive industry experience: You will bring subject matter expertise, hands-on experience, and a strong understanding of the space we operate in. You are familiar with the ADAS and HD maps stack: architecture, use cases, known limitations, and the state of the art approach for creating an HD map.
- Communication: Your written and verbal communication and collaboration skills are excellent.
- Analysis and Bias for Action: You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ownership: You can develop and execute a plan based on high level direction for feature and product development.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: You have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change as we learn and grow.
- Bonus qualifications: Experience with computer vision and machine learning techniques, particularly in the application of road and/or map data attribute creation. Rudimentary programming skills for data processing (e.g. SQL, Python). Familiarity with geospatial software (e.g., JOSM, QGIS).
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Our annual base compensation for this role ranges from $141,100 - $190,900 for most US locations and 5% to 10% higher for US locations with a higher cost of labor. Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity