Nov 15, 2023 - Dstillery is hiring a remote Sr. Software Engineer - Distributed Systems. 📍Location: USA.
Dstillery, the custom audience solutions company, empowers brands and agencies to reach their best customers for high-performing programmatic advertising campaigns. Backed by our award-winning Data Science, Dstillery has earned 16 patents (and counting) for the AI technology that powers our precise, scalable audiences. Our newest innovation, ID-free Custom AI™, is a privacy-by-design, behavioral ad targeting solution that performs on par with cookies — without user tracking. Our ID-based premier product, Custom AI Audiences, is a just-for-your-brand targeting solution that continually scores hundreds of millions of users in and out of advertisers’ best audiences.
We currently handle billions of events per day, we're growing strong and need someone who can help us scale our systems to handle lots of data. We're still pretty small on the engineering team, and everyone gets their hands dirty and makes a real impact.
In addition to gaining deep experience with developing systems at scale, you'll work with a world-class data science team (winners of multiple KDD Best Paper and other awards) that keeps us on the cutting edge of machine learning research, and you'll gain direct exposure to the ins and outs of the rapidly growing and evolving adtech industry.
Our engineering culture is focused on shipping scalable, practical systems. We avoid ivory-tower architecture, preferring to ship quality code and iterate. We use small, agile teams that can touch any part of the system. We place a high value on maintaining a good work-life balance, avoiding grinds and focusing on getting things done rather than putting in long hours.
The Sr. Software Engineer is directly involved with designing and implementing large-scale, fault-tolerant systems, primarily in Java and writing big-data ETL jobs. Your work will contribute to creating Dstillery’s data-driven custom audiences. You’ll join one of our software engineering teams and do hands-on coding while also being able to contribute, alongside our engineering managers, to the overall direction of the platform.
What you will be doing
- Technical Leadership: Your experience extends beyond coding and involves influencing architectural decisions, system design, and helping to plan and drive the technical direction of projects.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with other teams and stakeholders, such as product managers, software engineers, site reliability engineers and data science to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- Coding and Documentation: Design, develop, document and maintain highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems as a member of one of our software engineering teams. Propose and encourage adherence to best practices and standards.
- Extensive experience of 6+ years delivering high-quality software solutions and hands-on experience designing production systems.
- Experience working with designed, built, broken and rebuilt APIs at scale using any of Java/C++/Go/.Net with an emphasis on understanding and designing large scale systems beyond writing CRUD rest APIs.
- You are interested in working with the following technologies: Java for applications, Python for ETL, Apache Kafka, MySQL, Spark, Hive, ScyllaDB, Airflow, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions such as Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Google Kubernetes Engine, BigQuery, Dataflow and Cloud Run
What we offer
- Remote-first Workplace: A remote-first work environment, enabling you to work from the comfort of your own home, or wherever you produce your best work. We are based in New York City but we are looking for candidates to work in the Eastern time zone.
- Job-relevant Interviews: While we do screen candidates with job-relevant technical questions, our interview process places far greater weight on evaluating problem-solving through conversation.
- Unlimited PTO: At Dstillery, we trust our coworkers to get their job done and take off the time they need, which is why we offer unlimited paid time off.
- Company Equity: Employees receive equity in Dstillery. We’re all in this together!
- Medical, Dental & Vision: We offer comprehensive benefit plans..
- Future Planning: Easily plan for your future with a 401(k) w/Company Match, Life & Disability Insurance & Equity Programs.
- WFH Connectivity Reimbursement: Working from home is seamless with our monthly connectivity reimbursement policy.
Dstillery is an EEO Employer