Meta is seeking a software engineer to join our AI Infra. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the field of scalable ML systems image generation by developing novel techniques and algorithms for efficiently scaling out ML training, including mitigation of training instability. These techniques will have a large direct impact on Meta’s top ML and recommendation models, impacting recommendations of Ads and content to the Family of Apps’ 3 billion plus users. You will design and develop cutting-edge ML training stability techniques to production to solve real world problems. At Meta, you work alongside and learn from top minds in the field and have access to uniquely large scale computation resources. Join us for this exciting and rewarding role and we are hiring in multiple locations.
Software Engineer, ML Systems - AI Infra Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing ML training stability and scalability techniques in AI Infra
- Consistently and sustainably advance the state of AI, including setting and executing against roadmaps for 6-month plus timeframes
- Work towards long-term ambitious research, development and productionization goals, planning and successfully executing and intermediate milestones
- Solve critical problems and provide mentorship to other team members
- Work and collaborate with cross-functional teams, build relationships with stakeholders
- Define use cases and develop methodology and benchmarks to evaluate different approaches
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
- Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and other related fields
- Experience with modern deep learning and recommendation system algorithms and techniques
- Proficiency in Python and PyTorch
- Published in ML conferences NeurIPS, ICML, etc.
- Experience with large-scale distributed system and working with large amounts of data
- Experience with bringing research to production on real-world applications
- Experience with large-scale ML recommender system models
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.