Nov 17, 2023 - Smartling is hiring a remote Project Manager, Language Services. 📍Location: USA.
Smartling was founded 14 years ago to make localization and translation seamless. Today, Smartling is profitable and backed by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm, supporting company growth and expanding our market share and leadership position. We are the only cloud-based, AI-enabled translation platform that combines a Neural Machine Translation Hub and professional language services empowering teams to collaborate in real-time to create experiences customers love.
Smartling is seeking a Project Manager for a remote, work-from-home position. We are looking for a true go-getter to provide outstanding support to our Language Services customers. In return, we offer competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, a clear career path, and the unique opportunity to be a part of a high-growth company that is changing the world.
As a Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for delivery of translations on the Smartling platform. This means playing the link between our linguist community and customers to coordinate, monitor and fulfill service requests that meet both our customer’s expectations and Smartling’s key goals. In addition, you will consult with customers on approaches to best meet their localization needs, assist in onboarding new customers, and help address customer service requests.
- Oversee and deliver translation requests on a daily basis, ensuring that Smartling meets its expected service levels and key goals
- Accurately diagnose service issues, effectively present solutions to customers, and execute on those solutions at a high level.
- Quickly respond to customer requests and inquiries.
- Work with freelance translators so that projects are routinely delivered on time and with high quality.
- Foster positive relationships with key customer stakeholders.
- Collaborate with sales, customer success, and product teams to deliver high quality services to customers
- 2+ years of localization experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deliver in a high-paced environment and under tight timelines.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, persistent and positive in the face of tough challenges.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High level of self-motivation to constantly do things better, and to set the bar higher for yourself and others around you.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of comfort with/ ability to quickly pick up cloud-based software.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
Preferred but not required
- Knowledge of SaaS Dashboards
- Fluency in a second language
- Adaptable. Accept and embrace changes as situations or objectives evolve
- Task Management Hero. Demonstrate the ability to work within timelines for successful completion of assigned tasks or projects
- Results Focus. Exhibit commitment to goals and consistently delivers results
- Enthusiastic. Maintains optimism through ups and downs; bounces back undaunted
- Customer Focus. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships by giving customers’ needs priority and responding quickly to customer concerns
- Accountable. Maintains consistency in all aspects of their job
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡 - we are remote first
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 - we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness - medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance - flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral program and apple equipment
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
The US national pay range for this role is $60,000-$80,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed.
To all recruitment agencies: Smartling does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Smartling employees. Smartling is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.