Dec 08, 2023 - Humatics is hiring a remote Data and Analytics Engineer. 📍Location: USA.
We are seeking a Data and Analytics Engineer to join the Humatics Mobility team. This role involves optimizing newly created cloud database infrastructures and enhancing data analytics capabilities. You will play a key role in refining our database schemas, optimizing queries for performance, and ensuring data integrity. Additionally, you will analyze complex time series data sets to support our product development and algorithm enhancement efforts. You will be directly engineering new systems as part of new product development and involved with the first releases to customers. We're eager to meet enthusiastic, qualified candidates wanting to join our team and help create the microlocation revolution.
Humatics Mobility provides software solutions that leverage precise positioning and sensor data to improve operational efficiencies for our rail and transit customers. You'll be building the Humatics Focus track condition monitoring solution which leverages sensor and positional data to detect and tag track defects and anomalies allowing maintainers to quickly and effectively repair tracks so that trains keep moving.
- Develop, optimize, and manage cloud-based database systems.
- Analyze large data sets to identify trends, patterns, edge cases.
- Create visualizations and reports to communicate insights derived from time series data.
- Collaborate with a highly cross-functional team to support algorithm development and implementation including the implementation of new machine learning models.
- Ensure the cleanliness and integrity of data inputs and storage.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in cloud database management and data analytics.
- Proficiency in database design, and optimization.
- Strong analytical and plotting skills with experience in data analysis tools and time series sensor data (e.g., Python, R).
- Experience in managing and analyzing data sets larger than typical RAM capacities, including designing and implementing scalable workflows and data processing techniques.
- Basic understanding of machine learning concepts and their application in data analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Previous experience and/or love for the rail industry and trains.
- Previously worked with IoT sensors or edge computing environments, demonstrating a hands-on approach to collecting, processing, and analyzing data from sensor-based systems in real-time applications.
- Experience with InfluxDB.
- Experience in managing data in high-growth environments.
- Experience standing up new systems and workflows, not only working within existing infrastructure.
- Work experience or strong interest in developing and deploying machine learning models. Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and tools.
- Although travel is not required for this position, willingness to infrequently travel to and work with our systems on trains is welcome.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity ownership.
- Generous Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401K plan with Financial Wellness Benefits.
- Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave and Paid Time Off.
Although a sizable portion of our team is located in Waltham, MA we welcome remote candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.