Be part of something revolutionary
At o9 Solutions, our mission is clear: be the Most Valuable Platform (MVP) for enterprises. With our AI-driven platform — the o9 Digital Brain — we integrate global enterprises’ siloed planning capabilities, helping them capture millions and, in some cases, billions of dollars in value leakage. But our impact doesn’t stop there. Businesses that plan better and faster also reduce waste, which drives better outcomes for the planet, too.
We're on the lookout for the brightest, most committed individuals to join us on our mission. Along the journey, we’ll provide you with a nurturing environment where you can be part of something truly extraordinary and make a real difference for companies and the planet.
About the role...
The ML Engineer plays a pivotal role in our organization, creating and maintaining advanced algorithmic libraries that our entire team relies on, including Data Scientists. Our ideal candidate is a highly experienced developer with a strong foundation in Data Science. As a ML Engineer, you will be responsible for developing algorithms that are robust, scalable, and maintainable. Algorithms that can handle immense volumes of data.
What you’ll do for us
- Developing advanced models for time-series forecasting and anomaly detection specifically tailored for the CPG and Retail Industry.
- Ensure the scalability of our solutions and continuously optimize the performance of existing algorithms.
- Assure seamless integration of our libraries with the o9 Platform.
- Support Data Scientists using our algorithms.
- Keep us up-to-date with the latest academic research in the field.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Data Science and Machine Learning
- Experience with time series forecasting at scale in a retail environment is a big plus.
- Experience with open source contributions is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or related field or
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations, or related field
Algorithms and Domain Knowledge:
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals, and the state-of-the art, in relevant areas of ML, particularly time-series forecasting.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Concepts will be preferable
Language, Tools and Best Practices:
- Strong Python programming skills and experience with at least one “lower level” language C/C++ or C#.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, and source control management.
- Knowledge of parallelizing frameworks such as Multiprocessing, Spark, Ray, etc and optimizing code for such frameworks is preferred.
- Experience working with Hadoop and Hive would be preferable.
- Strong presentation and communications skills. You thrive in a fast paced, challenging environment, where there is much white space and problem solving is at the heart of what drives your analysis.
- We really value team spirit: Transparency and frequent communication is key. At o9, this is not limited by hierarchy, distance, or function
- Openness to learn from industry experts as well as willingness to mentor junior engineers.
What we’ll do for you
- Competitive salary.
- Tech tools: Complementary Mac or PC laptop.
- Enjoy yourself: Unlimited paid time off.
- Get social: When we work from home, we play from home with fun after-work activities like Social Fridays. If you’re in the office, feel free to join these events in person.
- Flat organization: With a very strong entrepreneurial culture (and no corporate politics).
- Support network: Work with a team you can learn from and every day.
- Diversity: We pride ourselves on our international working environment.
''What I like most about o9 is that I get to work with some of the smartest people in the industry. Every day is a new opportunity to learn and grow. At the same time everyone is friendly, helpful and fun to be around!''
How the process works
- Apply by clicking the apply button.
- You’ll be contacted by our recruiter, who’ll fill you in on all things o9, give you some background about the role and get to know you. They’ll contact you either via video call or phone call - whatever you prefer.
- During the interview phase, you will meet with the Hiring Manager for 45 minutes. The recruiter will contact you after the interview to let you know if we’d like to progress your application.
- Your application has progressed! Meet with a new panel for a final round of interviews for 30 minutes each.
- Our recruiter will let you know if you’re the successful candidate. Good luck!
More about us…
With the latest increase in our valuation from $1.1B to $3.7B, o9 Solutions is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world today. Our mission is to digitally transform planning and decision-making for the enterprise and the planet. Our culture is high-energy and drives us to aim 10x in everything we do.
Our platform, the o9 Digital Brain, is the premier AI-powered, cloud-native platform driving the digital transformations of major global enterprises including Google, Walmart, ABInBev, Starbucks, and many others.
Our headquarters are located in Dallas, with offices in Amsterdam, Paris, London, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Bangalore, Tokyo, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Toronto.
o9 is an equal opportunity employer and seeks applicants of diverse backgrounds and hires without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law