Dec 11, 2023 - Phase2 Technology is hiring a remote Mobile Developer - Android. 📍Location: USA.
Phase2 is a digital product agency passionate about customer experience, grounded in data and insights, and rooted in 20 years of successful technology delivery. We make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact. For the most influential companies in the world, Phase2 is a proven partner, guiding our clients toward what's next in the digital landscape.
Phase2 is looking for a developer with a strong mobile and native development background, specifically Android development, to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem-solver and leader who applies their technical experience to create compelling and useful digital experiences. You will work closely with UX, Product, stakeholders, and other developers to build innovative enterprise applications that will impact large numbers of users.
This position reports to: Director of Engineering
Target Salary: $100,000
- Implement projects with minimal technical oversight.
- Perform business and functional requirements analysis and capture with clients and analysts.
- Analyze existing implementations to extract business and functional requirements.
- Perform analysis for new technology to determine appropriate usage.
- Estimate development tasks.
- Design data structures, including component composition, properties, and state.
- Suggest improvements to software systems.
- Lead portions of the project development process.
- Troubleshoot operational issues to determine root cause and perform resolution.
- Shares knowledge and mentors colleagues as needed.
- Provide self-documenting code and operational documentation as required.
- Meet periodically with a mentor/manager/team lead to keep on track with development.
- Accept constructive feedback and seek assistance as needed.
- Perform code reviews on pull requests.
- Extensive experience developing in Java, or Kotlin.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Experience using GraphQL.
- Strong understanding of accessibility best practices on mobile devices.
- Extensive knowledge of testing best practices with tools such as JUnit, and/or Appium.
- Experience using Git, including the abilities to commit code, work with merge conflicts and comprehend industry-standard Git workflows.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time professional experience as a native app or web developer.
- Demonstrable portfolio of enterprise-level applications released on the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Experience with Bluetooth hardware integration.
- Experience developing tvOS, Android TV, Roku, or other OTT apps.
- Experience developing React Native applications, building out React components, using hooks, and working with the component lifecycle.
- Experience with Swift or Objective-C
- Complete assigned tickets in the sprint.
- Successfully merge code into the build pipeline.
- Participate in frontend code reviews on current project(s).
- Contribute to sprint planning and other agile ceremonies.
- Share expertise with clients and colleagues as needed.
Phase2 is committed to transparency for career advancement. Eligibility for advancement requires:
- Two or more favorable performance management evaluations to include supervisory reviews and peer reviews OR sponsorship from two or more senior leaders.
- Meeting the minimum qualifications for that role.
Phase2 is committed to transparency for career advancement. The typical advancement path is to Senior Developer.
Eligibility for advancement is dependent on:
- Performance Management evaluation history indicating strong performance and exceeding expectations of current role;
- Consistent demonstration of successfully executing the minimum qualifications of the next level
- Endorsement from senior leadership and peers.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication on live video chats, calls, and through emails and messaging platforms for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Travel (approx. 15% - 25%) when required.
- Comprehension - Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures. Must also be able to gather information from clients and employees and synthesize this information in a meaningful way. May also be responsible for making improvements or recommendations to existing procedures.
- Organization - Must continuously be able to gather and classify information, store information learned from conversations and communications, and then be and be able to quickly recall, interpret, and explain information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making - Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication - Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees and clients.
- Resilience - Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
Working at Phase2
At Phase2, we want you to be a force. Not for just one thing, but for your thing: the intersection of your expertise and your passion. And we will help you achieve it.
You are not just your expertise. You are a whole and complete story, and we invite all of it. We live fully with dynamic careers because we know that your best self is your whole self. That means we build authentic relationships with each other, there is no hidden home life, your schedule is your own, and the quirks that define you are storied.
Our formula for impact weaves together our brains and our spirits. We enchant with logic and lead with courage. We are questioners, nerds, and inventors — logicians at heart who meet challenges with curiosity and a “what’s next” spirit.
When we work as one, we are potent and powerful. We succeed together. Your team will give you the autonomy you want and will always challenge, support, and advocate for you — and together you will achieve more than you ever could alone.
We live our passion — ignite change and share it with the world.
Learn more about all that we offer to help you succeed and live a full life.